• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

P.O.S. Turn signal switch! Who makes a good one?

67 charger application. I can vouche for slantsixdan’s product being solid. And it’s not $300

No one has seen him since December? I read another post saying his mailbox was full.

I have used a couple of Dan's switches. They all worked fine. My complaint with them is that they don't have the lane changing feature like originals do.

No one has seen him since December? I read another post saying his mailbox was full.
He doesn't spend much time on the forum, email him directly....I'll PM you his address

Dan doesn't have any switches at this time! Thanks for trying Guys! I was going through my parts
hoardage and found that I had bought two Year One FD47801 back on 03/05/05. One of them is
what I installed and is the one I posted pictures of. I had to open up the fit where the turn signal
lever fit with a cut-off wheel so it would fit. Seems to work O.K. now, but doesn't have a lane change
feature. Let's see what happens here!

"Do it once.. do it right"... or I guess twice like me and apparently you are as well.

This is a '69.. believe '68 is the same. I had mine all together with an aftermarket repair kit, lasted 4 actuations before I tore it apart again and put this one in.
View attachment 1621174View attachment 1621175View attachment 1621176View attachment 1621177
Just a suggestion, but Laysons pride themselves in accurate reproduction parts. Give them a call if NOS doesn’t pan out. Tell them your story and see what they can do to resolve your problem. I personally have had good results working with them .

I went through this for the past four years. The original in my 70 RR was resoldered by a PO and eventually came apart in my column. I put in the repro in the first post and had to modify the hazard button since it does not fit. So I glued on the original hazard button. The switch broke internally after two weeks and it was VERY stiff. Found an OEM one here for 500 from a seller! I could not find anything else and everything else OEM online was sold out. I did have to get the version with the additional connections for the fender mounted turn signals but left them disconnected. It's been great for 3 years. Really stinks that some of the most valuable parts are just not available or crap for something so popular, but that's another story.

Dan doesn't have any switches at this time! Thanks for trying Guys! I was going through my parts
hoardage and found that I had bought two Year One FD47801 back on 03/05/05. One of them is
what I installed and is the one I posted pictures of. I had to open up the fit where the turn signal
lever fit with a cut-off wheel so it would fit. Seems to work O.K. now, but doesn't have a lane change

I just turn mine off after I make a turn. Not a big deal most of the older semi trucks I drove didn’t have turn signal cancel.

I had a 68 charger in HS in the mid 80’s. I remember my dad and I walking into the local dodge dealer and buying a replacement turn signal switch. Those were the days! Weren’t the same switches used for many years in all sorts of different models?

How does a B Body switch differ from one from a Dodge Monaco or C body switch?

How does a B Body switch differ from one from a Dodge Monaco or C body switch?
If the C body doesn't have tilt the switch will work. It may have output leads for corning lights that a B body doesn't use but you can either leave them unused or cut them off... Tilt switch won't work..

Auto Transport Service
Back