• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Palm Springs here I come...

Tzclark

Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
In 3 weeks.

Coming to hit some golf balls and get away for a bit.

Two questions for people in the know.
1 - What's your favourite place to eat.
2 - Anything cool car related I should see?

Last edited:
image.jpeg
All good, tons of food choices. Take the Tram. There are some bitchin Canyon roads around there too. If you have time, circle the Saltan Sea clockwise. This is Box Canyon. Stop at the Ski Inn for a beer.

Last edited:
On the Palm Springs Tram, I think it was 104 on the valley floor, and 74 degrees upstairs. What a ride! Went on mule ride up there. Don't ride "Punie". Size of a large dog and you have to bend your legs to not touch the ground. The day we were there, an Olds Diesel burned to the ground on the ascent to the Tram base. Thus the turn off ac signs.

Last edited:
Dennis, you put some miles on that ride of yours. Very cool.

I hope to get some long drives in one day.

Bring some alternate AC just in case. The desert can get mighty warm this time of year....

Palm Springs? I don't see no stinking springs. Looks more like Palm Desert to me.

My favorites: Eight4Nine, Trio, Lulu's, and Jakes, all on Palm Canyon Drive.

Tz,
I'm just a little "north" of Palm Desert/Palm Springs
Plenty of places to eat.
Good stuff
Also, current temps: 115 today

Billy Reed's. 1800 N. Palm Canyon, been there since the early 70's......excellent food, atmosphere and vibe. Billy himself is usually there every evening....
I lived in Palm Springs in the late 70's and this was always one of the great places to hang out, still is........the Ceasar burger is a favorite but anything is good!

Auto Transport Service
Back