• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

panel bond repair

wahya

Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
About four years ago, I read several articles here about panel bond and I decided to try it and see how it went. We actually painted the car, a 71 Sebring about three years ago and I am happy with it so far. I had my original Sebring and an SSP parts car. There were a lot of rust issues with both cars. Both right fenders were a toss up of which one to save. Since my original had body work already, I decided to go with the parts car one. I changed headlight brackets and welded them. I welded the structural supports for the lower fender, using parts from other car. I am not experienced at welding and did not think it would be easy welding the outside skin and I hate grinding. I took a piece of the parts car quarter that looked to be close to the shape of the lower fender and started cutting out the rusted area on the fender. DSCN0343.jpgDSCN0344.jpgDSCN0345.jpgDSCN0349.jpgDSCN0350.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

DSCN0351.jpgDSCN0395.jpgDSCN0396.jpgDSCN0398.jpg001.jpg

I cleaned the back down to bare metal and I cut a larger piece from the quarter, leaving the original inside coating. I sandwiched the two pieces with the panel bond (had to do it twice, and sand both pieces again because I to too long putting them together the first time). Anyway, like I said, I am no expert, but this worked for me and no issues so far. Ron.

Auto Transport Service
Back