• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Part Compatibility?

74Satellite

Local time
5:47 PM
Reaction score
Just wanting to pick the all knowing brains of the braintrust here....I am parting out a 1973 Plymouth Roadrunner....and I am curious as to what parts will fit onto my 1974 Satellite Custom 4 door? I want to keep anything and everything that will work for spares...Im talking everything...trunk mat? Weatherstripping? Sill plates? Interior parts? Gauge bezel? etc etc etc What will work for the satellite?

Thanks ahead of time

None of the sill plates or weatherstrip will work. Dash parts will probably work as well as anything from the firewall forward, but the fenders and grills may be totally different.
Also suspension parts would probably interchange.

All that being said, I've never owned either of those vehicles so I'm not fluent on the differences in model years.

Hey--I'm right here in town with you & I've seen your car around! It's sweet! I've got a pair of Satellite wagons & a Duster. One of the Satellites is a '74, maybe we should get together and hunt parts.

I used to have a '74 Roadrunner, it broke my heart. What color's your parts car? There's not a lot of interchange with interior parts. I think the kick panels are the same, dashboard and gages etc. of course... steering column probably.

Maybe rear axle... Of course engine, tranny... driveshaft probably not... just about anything under the hood yes... Anything related to the front-to-back wheelbase probably no... glass, probably no... Bumpers of course not... Gas tank I think yes... brakes of course yes... T-bars yes, springs yes... K-frame yes... did I miss anything?

EDIT: Of course I did. None of the sheet metal will interchange, neither will the grille and light housings. Marker lights, of course, interchange with about everything from about 1972 'till about 1990. For some reason the red marker lights don't hold up as well as the yellow ones do. I've pulled those off Horizons, no foolin'.

Auto Transport Service
Back