• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Part Throttle Kick Down which type to use ?

Rusty,

I used the A&A one and it works ok. My valve body is a stock unit from 69'. It is hard for me to give you a solid recommendation as I haven't put that many miles on the car yet and I have highway gears in the back (2.94), so the opportunity for part throttle downshifts doesn't happen as often, but it was an easy install and seems to work, so hope this helps!

You will also find more on this topic on the c body forum. I found a couple of threads on there where guys raved about the A&A unit which is why I purchased.
Thanks, my rear gears are 3.23, may be more useful

Frank Adkins did a write up on this topic in the March 2000 issue of High Performance Mopar magazine.
in the article, he states this modification can be done on 67-76 valve bodies that do not have the PKD, provided the valve body has the hole that feeds the PKD module.
he doesn't mention drilling the PKD feed hole, but as mentioned, that feed hole can be easily added.
:drinks:

Auto Transport Service
Back