• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

parts availability

Damien B.

Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
Being from Europe i wanted to have some inputs
what is the situation when it comes to getting parts to build an engine is there a drought on parts since the kungflu hit the world? i ve placed an order for a crate engine and months later they are still missing some key part am i getting put on the backlog or is there a genuine shortage ?

Many parts are delayed here in the states. I know of drag racers that waited 6 months for a set of pistons. Things are starting to get better though. Just order and wait is about all you can do.

I don’t know for a fact but it seems to me that it’s just an excuse to gouge people on items.

Heck, I can't get a package tray for my project because no one has any! Everything is
taking extra time.

Car lots are empty because of a parts shortage.. Local chevy dealership has about 10 to 15 trucks on his lot thats all.

Car lots are empty because of a parts shortage.. Local chevy dealership has about 10 to 15 trucks on his lot thats all.

yeah and all for sale at full sticker plus mark up

Computer chips are not available. The silicone for them comes from across the ocean.

you will be waiting,I call first to see if they have it in stock.

okay okay well i dont think many shop have every piece for a complete turn key engine
i m hoping they will receive the intake manyfold soon

At our shop we specialize in BB Mopars so we stocked up on Parts.... we have enough to complete a few more BB Mopar Engines then we are closed/on extended Holidays.
NO Aluminum Heads left.....
NO Camshafts.....
Bearings are next to gone....
DONE !
and gone Fith'in....

Okay thanks for sharing
That sucks the shop i placed my order is missing the intake and the camshaft
I hope things will get better because i really want that new engine... Do you have any insight on when some of those part will restock?

Okay thanks for sharing
That sucks the shop i placed my order is missing the intake and the camshaft
I hope things will get better because i really want that new engine... Do you have any insight on when some of those part will restock?

YEP !
I forgot Intake Manifolds on that list as well..... I think 'maybe' a few Torker 2's left somewhere ? but no Holley Street Dom's, etc., etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back