• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I sell these engine parts?

Car #4

Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
When I bought my 68 Charger the 440 was built with an Edelbrock top end kit. The block is a 73 so it's not a numbers matching car. Among the parts that came with the car is the intake, heads, distributor, cam, valve train and the air breather. I have no plans at the moment to ever put these parts back on the car. Should I sell them or keep them? Can't say if anyone would ever want to rebuild that engine back to original. Just looking for some perspective on this to help me decide.

Last edited:
I see no reason to retain them with the car, as the car isn't matching numbers. You stated that they would not return to the car, so the decision should be easy.

Sell them reasonably to somebody that wants to use them. Is the air breather from the '68 or '73?

Take them to your next
local swap meet. You
might find something that
is needed for your build
while there, and it's a great
way to meet up with people
who share your interests.

This was built with a few
parts found at a swap meet;
20190620_165813.jpg

Sell them, you’ll get some cash to put into your ride, and someone will get parts they need for their ride…

Auto Transport Service
Back