• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pass side mirrors

YY1

Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
I remember some heated discussions about the location of the passenger side mirrors.

Several folks claimed that they were mounted farther back than the driver's side.
This did not sound right to me.

Here's my unmolested, original paint 67 wagon with factory dual mirrors.
They are both 5 inches forward of the window channel.

I do know that sometime 68-70, they moved both mirrors toward the rear of the car.
My 70 had the lenses even with the window channel.
This made it quite a bit more of a head turning operation, to look at the mirrors, compared to the 66/67 locations.

Does anyone know what year they moved?
IMG_20180317_163009.jpg
IMG_20180317_163033.jpg

I've also read at least one post that claimed the pass side mirror was installed at an angle to facilitate viewing.

That doesn't sound right either.

Obviously that is not the case on this car.

I wish the mirrors on my charger were a little more forward. Im 5'9 and with my seat pulled up the mirror feels crowded.

I had a very original 66 charger and the owner said the pass mirror was dealer installed, worked for a short woman was in a bad spot for me. may account for the variance in location on these cars

I was used to my first Mopars, 66s and 67s, so when I got the 70 Bee, I was not happy I had to take my eyes further off the road to check the mirrors.

I was also not happy that the lock button was moved from accessible from the rear seat (that's why), to directly beneath my elbow.

There is a mirror mounting template in the FSM- for added pass side mirrors.

I experimented with putting a pass side mirror on my '63 Fury for better visibility having a friend hold it in a few spots; couldn't get it in a place to see it unless going out to the fender then use a binoculars to see it.

Also note that the pass side mirror has a different housing- it is wider and holds the lens at a different angle.

Could you post a copy, I'm planning on adding a pass side mirror on my 67 coronet.

It may not scale our correctly.

...but it's just a "mirror" (heh, heh) of the driver's side.

Can you post it? I only have the car a week so don't own a FSM yet.
Thanks Ron

I remember some heated discussions about the location of the passenger side mirrors.

Several folks claimed that they were mounted farther back than the driver's side.
This did not sound right to me.

Here's my unmolested, original paint 67 wagon with factory dual mirrors.
They are both 5 inches forward of the window channel.

I do know that sometime 68-70, they moved both mirrors toward the rear of the car.
My 70 had the lenses even with the window channel.
This made it quite a bit more of a head turning operation, to look at the mirrors, compared to the 66/67 locations.

Does anyone know what year they moved?
View attachment 584853 View attachment 584854

Very helpful!!!!! Thank you very much for those pictures, should get me drilling any day now!!

Thanks Ron

I mounted mine based of the drivers side.
I tell you what gets me is why the remote mirror is the one that's the easiest one to get too???
I thought I was going to be slick and just add a remote on the passenger side not realizing that the housing is canted about 15° toward the driver until I purchased the extra mirror.
Did Ma make any passenger remote mirrors for our 66/67s? To me it just makes more sense to have it on the right...

C and D body cars could be optioned with pass side remote mirrors.

The housings look very similar if not the same.

However...

The remote is mounted on the pass side door.

Not too much more helpful for the driver.

IIRC the B body didn't get a driver controlled remote pass side mirror until 1975.
(And even though those look virtually identical to 71-74 rallye mirrors, they mount completely different)

C and D body cars could be optioned with pass side remote mirrors.

The housings look very similar if not the same.

However...

The remote is mounted on the pass side door.

Not too much more helpful for the driver.

IIRC the B body didn't get a driver controlled remote pass side mirror until 1975.
(And even though those look virtually identical to 71-74 rallye mirrors, they mount completely different)

I would be fine with it in the door I could lean over and adjust with out a hundred trips in and out of the car.
I'll definitely check it out.
Thanks!

I added a repro right side mirror to my 67.
Pretty much the same location as you show.
I just went with the left side for a measurement.

Auto Transport Service
Back