• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passed Down 72 Charger Need Some Help Diagnosing

pop-off the valve covers not a big deal.

You hit the nail on the head, cylinder #1 had a pushrod that was a nice banana shape, threw new pushrods in it and seems to be back to normal, I’ll put some miles through it to confirm there isn’t damage to the head. Thank you all very much the amount of support for my admittedly basic issue is much appreciated!

Maybe add some fuel additive for the sticky valves.

You hit the nail on the head, cylinder #1 had a pushrod that was a nice banana shape, threw new pushrods in it and seems to be back to normal, I’ll put some miles through it to confirm there isn’t damage to the head. Thank you all very much the amount of support for my admittedly basic issue is much appreciated!

just a little bent :lol: I bent 2 in a 383 from smoking the tires. Got lucky just replaced them and was good to go. I hope it works out that way for you. :thumbsup: Was the spark plug ok on that cylinder?

just a little bent :lol: I bent 2 in a 383 from smoking the tires. Got lucky just replaced them and was good to go. I hope it works out that way for you. :thumbsup: Was the spark plug ok on that cylinder?

No damage on the plug and everything looked decent at least from up top, who knows, might be back tomorrow with a “how do I rip out the motor” question.

Hi Everyone, need some help diagnosing what’s going on here, essentially it sounds like a backfire but happens every motor rotation, not sure what’s really going on my first thought was timing but any help would really be appreciated. My background is electrical stuff but this has me stumped. I have linked a video below of what it’s doing

Thanks in advance!

I had a 383 with that problem turned out to be a stuck valve

Auto Transport Service
Back