• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passon 855 5-speed impressions, and soon a 4.10 Ring and Pinion

With all that torque, why would you want more gear? Seems counterproductive to cut off higher speed cruising ability for more wheel spin.
Same reason there are gears in the trans, torque multiplication

I ordered a new for 2000 Durango with a teen, and 3.90 gears with LSD. That 4500 tub of lard ran a 16.40 at the track. Not too shabby for a stock teen hauling that much weight and it still would pull down 13 mpg at 80 mph and the rpm wasn't bad at all. Same thing with a 92 318 Dakota with 3.90 gears. That ran 15.30 which was Mustang GT territory back then. My 95 Dakota with V6 ran 16.60 with 3.55 gears and man, it totally wakes up with a 195-55 (little over 23" tall) on the back and it still cruised the highway without pulling down excessive rpm's.....but it looked goofy with them. A torque monster engine may not can use 4.10 gears on the street but with the drag radials, I bet it's going to haul butt and will be a fun ride at the track. Do they Vertigate shifters for the 855? :D

Auto Transport Service
Back