• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PAW superstock camshaft specs

104thLRSD

Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 1988 Performance Automotive Warehouse Inc catalog lying around? They were out of CA
Ive never been able to figure out what cam was installed in my nom 440. It was rebuilt in 1988.
I found a 1988 receipt from PAW where previous owner ordered a S/S 440 Master Kit. The kit came with one of their own grind, super stock industries camshaft.
If someone has one of those old catalogs could you dig up the info for me?
Thanks in advance

Wow, I think my car has the same cam, possibly. I remember that the guy that I got it from 30+ years ago had ordered it from PAW. I haven't taken it apart in 30 years, so I dont know what its stamped or anything. I have always been curious, like you are. It sounds and runs great. PAW used to be the place to get hot rod parts. Just a "phone call away". What ever happened to them?

Wow, I think my car has the same cam, possibly. I remember that the guy that I got it from 30+ years ago had ordered it from PAW. I haven't taken it apart in 30 years, so I dont know what its stamped or anything. I have always been curious, like you are. It sounds and runs great. PAW used to be the place to get hot rod parts. Just a "phone call away". What ever happened to them?

From the research I did, the internet killed them. I dont remember them, i was still a teenager, but back in those days I was going to NAPA and junkyards. Lol. But others ive talked to said they were awesome.

Yes they were awesome. There catalog was like a Christmas wish list for car guys. I may have an old magazine some where that has there ad pages in it. Somebody on here will have one, or a catalog. From what I remember the ad listed cam specs.

yea i bought a rebuild kit for my old 440 from them. great service,parts and prices

I used to buy alot of parts from PAW, always wondered what happened to them. 440'

PAW was big for many years. If you want to know the cam specs, get a degree wheel & a dial indicator and measure it. No idea what the meaning of "SS" really is. If you like the cam, who cares about the specs.

Does anyone have a 1988 Performance Automotive Warehouse Inc catalog lying around? They were out of CA
Ive never been able to figure out what cam was installed in my nom 440. It was rebuilt in 1988.
I found a 1988 receipt from PAW where previous owner ordered a S/S 440 Master Kit. The kit came with one of their own grind, super stock industries camshaft.
If someone has one of those old catalogs could you dig up the info for me?
Thanks in advance
As I recall the kit was just that. The cam was in the kit but you could select what you wanted. Problem is they had many/many cam options.

Thier master kits were custom made to order with a choice of 4 different cams to choose from

From the '96 catalog
Big block Chrysler S/S industries cams

part # [email protected] duration valve lift degree

int exh int exh lobe cen

11313 204-214 270 280 .420 .433 112
10323 214-224 280 290 .442 .465 112
11315 218-218 284 284 .458 .458 110
11317 224-234 290 300 .465 .488 112

Awesome, thank you. That narrows it down for the wondering. I think it's #3. Just a guess.

The second and fourth cams shown are the same as the ones Summit Racing sells under their name.

upload_2022-5-5_11-40-4.jpeg

here you go, it's what I have in my 392 hemi but you get an ideal of the grinds they had back then.

Last edited:
I ran the 290/300 cam in a 440 back when they were still around - PAW was about a 30 minute drive from me - always fun going there.

The second and fourth cams shown are the same as the ones Summit Racing sells under their name.

Pretty sure Elgin grinds them. I have the larger of the 2 Summit cams in a 383, and the number comes back as an Elgin part #. I wouldn't be surprised if Elgin did all the PAW cams.

Auto Transport Service
Back