• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PayPal

I’ve been using PayPal since it first started, never a problem! I will say I did create a special bank account in those days just to attach it to, just in case. But never an issue, Yet!

Here is my take on Paypal............Basically I like it and use it all the time. I don't necessarily like the 3.5% they charge the seller but I look at it as an insurance plan. If you are scammed, Paypal will work to get your money back whether you are buyer or seller. Or if you buy something and the seller mislead you, Paypal will help you either get your money back or at least work with you. They don't charge a fee for Friends and Family but when you use it, you are on your own and better know who you are dealing with. I don't use it if I don't trust someone. I've had people ask me to use the Friends and Family but they will usually buy into it once they find out about the protections. I would way rather use Paypal than mess around with money orders and such with all the fake ones that are out there. Another thing I did notice about them is that they charger a higher percentage when dealing with foreign currency. For me Paypal is a necessary part of doing business.

I agree whole heartedly with the above post! Whats not to like about being guaranteed to get what u pay for , or get ur money back ??! Any one wants to use friends or family, I don't trust / wont do it !!

And cash is counterfeit and so are money orders and cashiers checks. If someone wants to scam you, it will happen. There is nothing safe! I would rather take PayPal than any of those three. Pick your poison.

Yes; still use an antenna, 30 free stations to my man cave and the garage.
Roku and Direct TV also to please the wife.
No social media or texting. If you can't pick up the phone to call me then don't bother with texting.
Been using PAYPAL for years no issues at all, just got my statement this morning.
Damn few vendors out there that do not accept PAYPAL and there is a reason.

If I don’t know you I never do family and friends but will gladly give you the commission you the seller are required to pay PayPal. I will ask the seller to tell me exactly what price he wants business to business. I am not figuring it out for him. Often I will include a dollar or two more to be sure I’ve covered all expenses.

I too have been using it for over a decade.

you do get a receipt.

that 3% also gives you protection and I have gotten 90% of my money back on a bad deal with that

Nothing to be afraid of.

PayPal is a great way to conduct business transactions.

I just drove up to Detroit to buy a Dart block, crank and pistons. When I met the seller and all
Was well, I used PayPal to send him 2000 bucks as a "friend"

For those who are on here claiming they don't use "social media"....... news flash! You are using social media by posting on this or any other website.
:thumbsup:

Never a problem with PayPal they are very good at resolving issues with bad sellers and fake scammers.

I have used paypal since 2004, no problems ever. After debit cards came to be I closed out my credit cards. debit card will do everything I need. motels, car rental, get cash, retail purchase, ect. After all the hacking ect started opened a new checking acct keeping 2 active one strickly for the debit card with limited funds in that acct.
3 yrs ago we took a road trip to TX. on the way I got a call from my bank they had noticed purchases on my debit card in several states and wanted to know if that was legit.
It was , but also nice to see they are watching things.
my cell phone is a trac phone, no contract, I buy time as I need it, works for me.
Still use personal checks for bill paying and local shopping.
At my age I guess I have not kept up with the times but I am good with my system and plan to stay like this.

I'm an ebay seller, and also on these alphabet soup, A, B, C, E, body, and other Mopar related internet web sites.
On ebay your forced into accepting Pay Pal for your sales, so that's out of the question here.
On the web sites, sometimes i get a bit apprehensive if i sell a high dollar item, and the buyer is on the up and up with me.
What i don't like with Pay Pal is the have gone from a 90 day policy, with a dispute, to 180 days.
I don't want to turn on my computer some day in the 180 day range, and somebody puts in a bogus claim, and they lock down that amount until it's all over, in the review.
And Pay Pal always sides with the buyer, and the seller gets screwed.
Yes, i know there's bad apples on both the buying, and selling, side of the fence, but it makes you wonder, in this modern, day and age.

I'm an ebay seller, and also on these alphabet soup, A, B, C, E, body, and other Mopar related internet web sites.
On ebay your forced into accepting Pay Pal for your sales, so that's out of the question here.
On the web sites, sometimes i get a bit apprehensive if i sell a high dollar item, and the buyer is on the up and up with me.
What i don't like with Pay Pal is the have gone from a 90 day policy, with a dispute, to 180 days.
I don't want to turn on my computer some day in the 180 day range, and somebody puts in a bogus claim, and they lock down that amount until it's all over, in the review.
And Pay Pal always sides with the buyer, and the seller gets screwed.
Yes, i know there's bad apples on both the buying, and selling, side of the fence, but it makes you wonder, in this modern, day and age.
The buyer is always supported 100%.......On the rare occasion someone had an issue or the item got damaged on arrival I just refunded the purchase price and either told them to keep it or send it back.....That was much easier than fighting for nothing and losing precious time dealing with such.....After that I would just block that buyer or added them to my no sell list......

My ads were clear and specific.......all is defined and further payment directions were relayed post purchase....If they can't figure that out then they can move on down the road....If the horse can't drink once led to water....what is it then?

..and the bonus, if you do it legit vs "friends", you can print the postage or UPS label right out of the account ! No standing in line at the post office getting the thing weighed and labelled.

Hell, I've been using PayPal for well over a decade and I still have a flip phone and pay my bills by cheque!! :lol:
I have to partially disagree with your statement. Granted yes for what you say. However, I always ask the buyer to send it Friends and Family to avoid the fees. Then when I need to print out my postage/shipping label I can because I have accounts with the USPS and UPS. I then can pay the fee for postage/shipping by using the PayPal link that the USPS and UPS have. Easy Peesy and I have always had satisfied buyers that I do this with. Now a days, PayPal is universally excepted for purchasing as well. It is fast and goes through immediately. I have a line of credit with them also but for the most part only use it in an emergency. The rest of the time it comes out of my banking institution...cr8crshr/Tuck:usflag::usflag::usflag:

My personal feeling is if you sell something you should always have the pay pal commission added in and not ask the buyer to do family and friends after the deal unless you know each other. The shipping costs should be determined based on were the buyer lives and that fact should be made clear. Any buyer pulling some nickel and dime nonsense should be sent packing.
Anybody on the FBBO forum who has sold anything to me knows i pay promptly, i tell them to figure final cost's and let me know. If i know you and am comfortable with you i do family and friends otherwise its business to business and its nothing personal.

My personal feeling is if you sell something you should always have the pay pal commission added in and not ask the buyer to do family and friends after the deal unless you know each other. The shipping costs should be determined based on were the buyer lives and that fact should be made clear. Any buyer pulling some nickel and dime nonsense should be sent packing.
Anybody on the FBBO forum who has sold anything to me knows i pay promptly, i tell them to figure final cost's and let me know. If i know you and am comfortable with you i do family and friends otherwise its business to business and its nothing personal.
The problem Steve is your basing this on yourself.....yourself is not in question.....I never had an issue with you as a buyer, you were in the great category....When I was selling I had 2 lists of buyers with addresses....1. Good, 2. Bad......The bad ones would change handles or uses aliases.....

You do not sell in high volumes, so your points don't relate to ones that do.....

As I stated I used to for years add the percentage and shipping and then ask for the total price.....Then through time some people would cry and moan about why those are so high? Well, the fees are this and the shipping is this....I don't get a discount on shipping or fees...After dealing with those types routinely...you know the ones that ask for a cheaper price first and then ask for discounted shipping etc....I would also compare multi carriers on pricing for the buyer.....Happens more than you can imagine......

So I flipped from the proper way and made the buyer calculate the %......Relayed to them exactly how to do that....The nickel and diming was cut by 50% once doing such.....The shippings costs will always be complained about.....

On a similar subject, the order from Silver Sport Transmissions in Tennessee (formerly Keisler) a picture of the package was included in the confirmation to show no damage.

The problem Steve is your basing this on yourself.....yourself is not in question.....I never had an issue with you as a buyer, you were in the great category....When I was selling I had 2 lists of buyers with addresses....1. Good, 2. Bad......The bad ones would change handles or uses aliases.....

You do not sell in high volumes, so your points don't relate to ones that do.....

As I stated I used to for years add the percentage and shipping and then ask for the total price.....Then through time some people would cry and moan about why those are so high? Well, the fees are this and the shipping is this....I don't get a discount on shipping or fees...After dealing with those types routinely...you know the ones that ask for a cheaper price first and then ask for discounted shipping etc....I would also compare multi carriers on pricing for the buyer.....Happens more than you can imagine......

So I flipped from the proper way and made the buyer calculate the %......Relayed to them exactly how to do that....The nickel and diming was cut by 50% once doing such.....The shippings costs will always be complained about.....
Justin, anybody who buys a Mopar part from you should consider themselves lucky. Your honest as the day is long, you give great prices and your parts are exactly or even better than described. Im sorry you encountered a few ingrates. I guess its just part of dealing with some people, the good and not so good.

I too have been using it for over a decade.

you do get a receipt.

that 3% also gives you protection and I have gotten 90% of my money back on a bad deal with that

Brings to mind an ebay purchase I made one time on a set of used slicks. The seller showed the dimple holes and described them, when I got them they were way worse than what he stated. I contacted him and paypal, he refused to do anything. Paypal told me to send them back freight due upon arrival, meanwhile they reinstated the price of the tires and shipping to me.. He would not accept the slicks when they arrived at his place, (east coast). UPS promptly sent them back to me. I left the $ in my paypal account for at least a month, nothing more said about it. I ended up selling the slicks DID WELL ON THAT DEAL !! ups was a big loser in that deal too, they shipped them 3 times, 2 w/ no pay. Don't know what went on w/ the seller .

I gave away things just for the cost of shipping using PayPal no problems.

Justin, anybody who buys a Mopar part from you should consider themselves lucky. Your honest as the day is long, you give great prices and your parts are exactly or even better than described. Im sorry you encountered a few ingrates. I guess its just part of dealing with some people, the good and not so good.
Much appreciated Steve, thanks!....That few is a list of around a thousand btw....which equates to about 3k bucks lost....I am a spreadsheet, numbers guy and I tracked everything.....

having bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars of car parts over the internet
i have had problems with every which way of payment at least once or more.
i prefer to send a money order as just for the fact it is just easier for me to get to the post office (and cheaper in the long run)
then it is to get over to the bank (have dedicated pp bank account for it that i keep the minimum in case of fraud)
i avoid using my credit card on the hobby like the plague
most of my hobby play money comes from cash so i have to move it to somewhere.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back