• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

People that I don't like

bf041e14ec4f41440458d83803134ea2.gif
saved for later use :jackoff:

what the f---
more double post ****

The following is just an observation, NOT a diagnosis from a professional....
I have known a few lifelong bachelor dudes and many of them have a similar trait: They don't think of others nearly as much as they think of themselves.
It could be just how their personalities developed after years of NOT having someone to care for or to deal with.
The person that I originally wrote about in this thread fits that description.
I have known other bachelors that are as conscientious and courteous as anyone you'd ever meet but they are scarce from what I have seen.

The following is just an observation, NOT a diagnosis from a professional....
I have known a few lifelong bachelor dudes and many of them have a similar trait: They don't think of others nearly as much as they think of themselves.
It could be just how their personalities developed after years of NOT having someone to care for or to deal with.
The person that I originally wrote about in this thread fits that description.
I have known other bachelors that are as conscientious and courteous as anyone you'd ever meet but they are scarce from what I have seen.
“I have known a few,,” you nailed it there. Have a couple buddies that are like this and that’s exactly why, they are the way they are.

Some folks just prefer their own company. That in and of itself isn't a crime, of course -
but we're all varying degrees of comfortable with being alone.
That said, humans are social creatures by nature, though.
It goes against our nature to be isolated.

I’m one of those solitary creatures. I always got along better with animals then people. I’ve had my best friend since 1972. He and his wife and kids are more like a traditional “family” to me then my real “born to” family. I have my wife and daughter, and that’s about it. I know everyone in town, everyone knows me, but I don’t hang out or socialize. Even as it is occasionally I just need to get away. My wife understands this, and a few times a year I just go away. It’s not about anger or animosity, I just really don’t like people around me all the time and I need to get away from my species. It works for us because she understands me, and knows I’m not out whoring.

View attachment 1165004

It has taken me many years but I am getting better at spotting and dealing with people that I don't like.
For the record, I like MOST people.
Race, Color, religion and sexual orientation different than mine don't bother me.
Here is what does.....
People that only call when they need something.
People that monopolize the conversation.
People that leave me feeling like I'm fighting for airtime, as if I have to actively fight to get a word in.
There are a LOT of people that are either completely ignorant of proper manners or are just outright rude. I am obnoxious but I'll listen to what you have to say. Many people do not.
For example:
A guy I've known for maybe 12 years had moved away almost 2 years ago. I bought the "Jigsaw" Charger from him before he left. He moved out of state and calls occasionally.
Never has this guy seemed interested in asking questions or listening to what I have to say when he calls. It is always what he did, what he thinks, what he wants to do and so forth.
When I get a chance to speak, he drifts off, loses interest, hums or sighs....
I have realized that I have a rapidly diminishing tolerance for him and others like him.
I see guys at car shows like him.
My car this....My car that, etc.
I will not tolerate this anymore.
It isn't as if I want to be the only one talking....I just want a fair exchange. A conversation, not a speaker and an audience.
People need to know that their life is not the most interesting thing to other people.
I try to ask opinions, ask about the person's spouse, their kids, job, etc.
Unfortunately, some of these ignorant jerks see that as an excuse to just talk MORE instead of taking the cue and reciprocating.
No, please...tell me MORE about YOU.

View attachment 1165005

I'm putting the word out to people that I know, most of whom are considerate and good people. Maybe they will pass it along.
I will not tolerate inconsiderate people. I will call them on their bad actions until they change or decide to not talk to me anymore.

If they disappear from my life, no big loss to me.
What about you? Have you reached the point where you are LESS tolerant of people like this?
Hard for me.. that's my brother! Can't hardly get a word in and when you finally do you can literally see him zone out as he puts together his next few sentences. He'll ask for my opinion on something he's having trouble with and always says "I know" in response!! Love him to death but damn is it hard to deal with.

Myself, I think I'm pretty neutral.

I’m one of those solitary creatures. I always got along better with animals then people. I’ve had my best friend since 1972. He and his wife and kids are more like a traditional “family” to me then my real “born to” family. I have my wife and daughter, and that’s about it. I know everyone in town, everyone knows me, but I don’t hang out or socialize. Even as it is occasionally I just need to get away. My wife understands this, and a few times a year I just go away. It’s not about anger or animosity, I just really don’t like people around me all the time and I need to get away from my species. It works for us because she understands me, and knows I’m not out whoring.
I can understand that, really can. I have similar here - lots of folks know me around here, but I don't "hang" with
them (a lot of that is due to my "not being from around here" as they like to say).
That used to bug me some - it doesn't anymore.
Further, since most of my "real" family is gone now, it's pretty much me, my wife and the pup.
I work from home these days, so there's lots of alone time - but I deal with folks all day one way or another
(email, text, calls and such) so it's an "arm's length" sort of deal.
I get my human interaction, albeit at a bit of a distance.

For me... it’s Mopar guys. You all know em. They step up to your car, and act like it’s on a show field for OEM originality. They’re the judge, and are going to subtract from the 100 points you think your car is. They will point out every discrepancy, as to “not correct”. :D
I built my cars in the early to mid eighties, when you were happy to find a part that fit and worked. I didn’t care what Mopar it came off of, as long as I was back on the road.

For me... it’s Mopar guys. You all know em. They step up to your car, and act like it’s on a show field for OEM originality. They’re the judge, and are going to subtract from the 100 points you think your car is. They will point out every discrepancy, as to “not correct”. :D
I built my cars in the early to mid eighties, when you were happy to find a part that fit and worked. I didn’t care what Mopar it came off of, as long as I was back on the road.

I can easily be that guy but I try not to.. If you ask I will point stuff out but if you don't ask I try to keep my mouth shut... Even when asked I try to refrain...

They just want to show off how much they know (or don't) reading fender tag options and the like.

I can easily be that guy but I try not to.. If you ask I will point stuff out but if you don't ask I try to keep my mouth shut... Even when asked I try to refrain...

I had a job back in ‘94, and a guy brought in his 1971 Barracuda that was a rare 440-6. The VIN had an N in the fifth digit. I could have been the one to say, not factory... but I figured I’d let someone else be the dick. :)

I like my Cat.
For some reason, car people or "almost" car people can be the worst. That's why car shows annoy me. You're at the show with your 572 inch, 800HP Hemi that you've sweated a few thousand hours and $100k into and some guy is there that knows a guy with a 350, 4 bolt Nova that runs 6's on wide oval G70's.

Lol. Me too, except it’s a dog that I like….

I had a good friend I don’t talk to anymore. He would talk and talk about his kids, where it made you feel uncomfortable. Couldn’t get a word in, he was way overboard about them, to find out he was married before and had two kids but didn’t tell anyone ! Including his wife. Figures

I know a couple of people like that up this way. :rolleyes:

One guy is a salesman, sits behind a desk for part of the day, and the remainder wandering around his yard. Because he has so much free time on his hands, he goes through his phone list and calls people up for a chat. All this while the people he is calling are usually at work, and shouldn't really be wasting time for a chat about personal stuff.

It has got so bad that a few of us have started calling him 'Havachat'. Even worse, he has the exact same conversation with a whole host of other people.....I know this because usually one of them calls me afterwards to tell me about what he said.

It's usually hard to have a proper two-way conversation with him....it usually ends up always going his way. I know when I talk with him, I get a lot of hmmm, and ahhh.....and then cut right back to 'him' :jackoff: And I know he's not listening to, or comprehending what I have to say.....I can see his eyes wandering off elsewhere.

So far I have ignored his last 3 phone calls to me. And I always answer my phone if I hear it ring. :D

The other guy in particular just gets louder when talking, and he seems to be able to drain any willingness to continue a two-way conversation. I find it easier to just ease out of it and walk away. I get sick and tired of being talked over.
So I rang a good old friend today for a catch-up and well-being talk...also to ask about those Alaskan HEMI numbers to see if he was searching for the one listed here on the "Lost & Found" forum. Anyhoo.....apparently "Havachat" has been moaning about me missing 3 calls recently. :lol: .....we both had a good laugh about that.

The guy I posted about called twice on Friday. I took then second call and let him know that I was pissed.
He didn't apologize but he didn't defend himself either. I see no reason to initiate any calls to him anytime soon. If he calls, I may answer and cut it short if/when he starts his usual routine.

Auto Transport Service
Back