• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Performance Single Exhaust for a 318

I have a 318 in my 71 charger. 340 cam, 4bbl intake and carb. I went with dual exhaust. 2.25 off the stock manifold, into 2.5 with an h-pipe. The 2.5" section started where your normal header collection point would go. So if I changed to headers later I wouldn't have to rework the whole exhaust.

Has anyone seen on of these in real life? I am thinking of doing this to keep it a bit more stock....

http://www.manciniracing.com/19bsiexsy.html

What is the sound like?

Thanks,
Jim
For $745 plus shipping and I'll assume your doing the work yourself instead of paying someone for it, You could do a whole lot better with headers and a exhaust kit. While the hassle is dependent on the headers and exhaust kit used, the cheapest and pretty easy kit is a Summit or Jegs exhaust kit connected to headers which is outlined by the speed houses as Hooker headers. Though minor tweaks will connect it to other headers of the same design. Exhaust pipes can be purchased at 2-1/4 inch, so, no big pipes to cry about loss of low end torque.

My tti's totally rock and are a good bit more money, but then again, it's a higher level of header, exhaust and powerful engine I'm doing.

Your car your way.........

For $745 plus shipping and I'll assume your doing the work yourself instead of paying someone for it, You could do a whole lot better with headers and a exhaust kit. While the hassle is dependent on the headers and exhaust kit used, the cheapest and pretty easy kit is a Summit or Jegs exhaust kit connected to headers which is outlined by the speed houses as Hooker headers. Though minor tweaks will connect it to other headers of the same design. Exhaust pipes can be purchased at 2-1/4 inch, so, no big pipes to cry about loss of low end torque.

My tti's totally rock and are a good bit more money, but then again, it's a higher level of header, exhaust and powerful engine I'm doing.

Your car your way.........

I'll cry about the headers though . It is deliberate decision not to use headers for a variety of reasons. After the holidays seems to be a great time to work on your car! Everyone I have talked to has virtually no turnaround time and is offering discounts if I order this week from heater cores to exhaust systems :thumbsup:

Went with dual Accurate Exhaust with Hemi Mufflers...

DSC_0082.jpg

Here is my 318 with TTI headers into 2 1/2" exhaust wwith H pipe and Dynomax UltraFlows. No loss in bottom end at all. It is a poly so not apples to apples...

Auto Transport Service
Back