• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Personal Favourite '74-79 Mopars

The only KOOL ones made were the Aspen Super Coupe and the 43 Special Richard Petty Aspen. 360 4bbl.
I personally liked the 75 Roadrunner and the Magaum GT.
I had a rather nice 76 Aspen R/T white with Red and Sliver stripes with Red interior.

1st post here; I own a 78 Fury 2 door right now. a lil anemic running but I like the "lines" of it; I have had a 76 Charger SE a 75 Doba and now this; I have a 83 truck, an 89 RC (son's) a 76 Aspen an 80 Volare (that ones in pieces in a rotisserie)
never was a 4-door fan what so ever; I wish they made a 75-78 B body 2 door "sedan delivery" wagon; but my favorite from this time zone? HAS TO be 74 Satellite Sebring/RR.
I do like the 77-8 front header panel, better than the 75-76 on the Furys/Coronets/Monaco's.

yep me!!!

1977 Dodge Monaco Highway Patrol car

View attachment 2956

I have had my share of that front end in my rear view! I remember the '74s had all kinds of options. Always trying to run against us to see what they had. The local Barrack's mechanic was always tinkering with thier 440s. Those were the days:grin:

73 Duster 340, 78 2 door Newport 440, 77-440 Monaco Cop car, they were all good. No problems with any of them.

Not everybody can own a A12 69 1/2 superbee.
Lets see you drive an open hood scoop car in the rain across the USA!
My personal favorite is the 73/4 roadrunner bodies or a "sundance".
You also have to remember the Cudas, Challengers and dusters were still around until 74.
And who really cares about 400 horses and the maintenance to keep them up?
And one more rant, 70 cars don't look good???? Have you really looked at a 62 Dodge dart and its clones and know its the ugliest car made???

74 Road runner. the hood get you everytime. Had a friend that had one and it was plainly a cool car. (to me anyways)

74 Roadrunner,GTX,Satellite/sebring/plus/Sundance...I know they are all the same car but that's what I like :)

what is a 74 "sundance"?? the only car I ever remember by that name was a wrong wheel drive 4-banger powered little go cart!? and made from ~88-94ish? they even put "Duster" decals on a few. but they were not RWD so I had NO interest in them; I have yet to own a FWD anything.

what is a 74 "sundance"?? the only car I ever remember by that name was a wrong wheel drive 4-banger powered little go cart!? and made from ~88-94ish? they even put "Duster" decals on a few. but they were not RWD so I had NO interest in them; I have yet to own a FWD anything.

the sundance was a satelite,but instead of the RR stripe it had a "sundance" stripe.i'm sure someone hear can post a picture,i don't have any .

the sundance was a satelite,but instead of the RR stripe it had a "sundance" stripe.i'm sure someone hear can post a picture,i don't have any .
Theres an older woman driving one as a daily driver to walmart around here, its white with the gold stripes.
Here is a pic of a different one but its the same thing.
i do not know if they come in different colors or not???
Satellite_LH_Rr_Qtr.jpg

79 300

Here are two pics of my 79 300.
Original 21,000 mile car. Ah it's great to be 20 again.:yes:

P1020372.jpg

P1020376.jpg

Should 74 really be in this topic?

Freind of mine had a real nice 77 Charger Daytona. two tone red with a 360, tuff wheel, 15" rallye wheels, buckets, etc. Only thing that would have been cooler would be T tops.

I would have to say '74 Road Runner, having owned one back in 1991, E58 360,auto,with a/c, w/3.55's, that car would run dead even w/any stock 383 Road Runner!

loved that bulge hood!

My Favorite

I started off like everybody else with dreams of late 60's or early 70's muscle, that lasted until I realized that show's like Barret-Jackson had turned last years junk into gold. So I broadened my horizons amd stumbled across a running, unmolested (even had the original radio), two owner, 85000 mile 75 Cordoba for $700. It was a little rough when I bought it but I had a vision that has taken five years (I lost track of the cost but I'll bet my wife knows) of my son and I's work but it's come together.

There have been a few changes since these pictures were taken (I found the wheel well trim, installed a Vintage Air AC retrofit, removed the braided hoses, etc), but I think you'll get the idea.

I will never sell this car.

Exterior.jpg

engine.jpg

Interior.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back