• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Personal Favourite '74-79 Mopars

Cordoba

I had a 77 Doba 400/4 barrel buckets/console leather. Best car ive ever owned. Ran it to 234k. My wife loved that car more than our old 73 Charger. Last november she surprised me when I came home from work with a nice but tired 76 Cordoba 400/2v. Next weekend it gets its freshened up 68 383/4v dropped in:headbang:. I do like that red/orange RR though

Way behind schedule, but here 's my favorite- 75 Coronet Brougham, all black, orig.318/904 car; stuck in a cop 360/727 and big brakes off of cop car, drove the hell out of it for 150k+ then sold it when I moved to AZ. Should of shed the ex and kept the Coronet!

I am out there, but I would have to say the 1975 Plymouth Fury Custom 4 dr

One on my craziest memories has to do with a fury

(sorry, long read haha)

When I was a kid my dad drove a late 70's (76 I think, had 1 round headlight on each side) gran fury 4 door, thing was a beast, every year we took it camping to the rocky mountains towing our 25ft camper trailer. Well one year we were driving through the Kicking Horse Pass and had stopped in a town for gas before heading up to the summit and as we were pulling out of the gas station we heard a loud bang come from the back, came to the conclusion the trailer hitch bottomed out (couldn't have been more wrong).

We hit the highway driving for a good hour with no problem at all, as we were reaching the summit (probably 100yds away) we heard another loud bang. My dad started to slow down and next thing I knew our trailer was passing us, both big propane tanks had popped out but were still attatched to the hoses and they were dragging on the ground. Dad slammed on the brakes just as the trailer came to a stop beside us, he hopped out just as the trailer started rolling backwards down the steep busy highway.

The road went went down a good 3-400 yards at a steep grade and was 2 lanes on our side and 1 on the other. The trailer started picking up a LOT of speed and the propane tanks were bouncing way up and smashing back to the ground, sparks flying everywhere. There was traffic coming towards our trailer, a tour bus had to lock up the brakes and swerve, 2 more cars had to lock em up and swerve out of the way, an 18 passenger van swerved away just in time and by then all remaing traffic had seen wtf was happening and cleared a path. The trailer finally smashed into a guard rail wher the road curved and rode it all the way around the corner finally coming to a stop about 20ft away from where the guard rail ended and a big cliff started lol.

The trailer didn't even suffer much damage, just minor cosmetic on the back corner. We still used the trailer that week for camping, just had a tow truck pull it everywhere for us haha.

Oh and the cause was the entire hitch had ripped off the undercarriage. My dad just had a new one installed and the shop that did the work knew what kind of trailer was being towed yet still didn't weld the sucker on. He ended up taking them to court and we got out trailer completley renovated/upgraded out of the deal.

haha yeah. I still think about how bad it could have turned out, pure luck that nobody was hurt/killed or that the propane tanks didn't explode lol. The trailer had trailer brakes but they didn't engage cause the pin that gets pulled when your trailer falls off was still attached to the hitch itself.

Gotta pick just one????

Growing up as a teen there was a yellow/ black stripe/ black interior '75 RoadRunner in my area. Still stands out in my mind today. I had found the car as a rolling shell back in 2000 and almost bought it. A week later I bought my '71 Demon. Looking back I should have snagged the RoadRunner as well.

Then there's the Charger Daytona. Make mine blue on blue with t-tops. http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/b_body/1977_dodge_charger_daytona/photo_06.html Next up would be a '79 Magnum GT with the flares and t-top. And finally a '79 300. Any or all of them would do.

Wylde1.

IF I can't have a 71-74 Satty/RR, I've always wanted a 1975 Plymouth Fury. Looked at one back in the day when they were brand new, and almost went that route... kept the 73 Bird anyway....

My 79 Chrysler 300, back when it was just another used car... slightly better than my Disco Doba in the 70's.

my current street car is a 76 Dodge Coronet, 360 bored and stroked to a 418,.000 deck clearance, heads with 2.02in 1.64 outs stainless, hardend seats, ported polished and relieved, flowed and equalized, using an Isky 505 cam set at 104 ctr line, Demon 650, Mallory unilite with Hyfire ignition, 727 tranny ( with a 2:77 1st gear and valve body built by TCI) with a 3:55 posi, 3 link with rear sway.... the car does run 1/8th mile at 7.80....and she get 13.3 mpg...

I have had a 77 Fury 360/727, a 76 Doba 400/727, a 74 Coronet 318/904, a 74 Runner 318/904, but my favorite has been my old 74 Charger SE 400/727
I have really enjoyed looking at the beautiful cars yall have...gonna be starting a father son project with my 10 year old soon.....hope to some pics for ya soon!

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]well I guess this is where I add mine...and I do love my 76 Coronet "B" body despite what some may think yes there are B bodies AFTER 73

Attachments

• Dodge engine compart 003.jpg
    Dodge engine compart 003.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 318
  • the Dodge 2011 008.jpg
    the Dodge 2011 008.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 335
  • dodge interior2 007.jpg
    dodge interior2 007.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 1st car show for Dodge 009.jpg
    1st car show for Dodge 009.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 305
the 74 roadrunner is my absolute favorite of the last muscle, they look and ride amazing. i had to sell mine in order to pay for my last semester of a college.....i regret going to college because of that.

i really miss this car-
May13_0001.jpg

Right now this is the current B Body favorite in the driveway is this.

The wagon has 59K & the 360 is getting treated to Magnum heads,Purple Stripe cam,Crosswinds intake,headers etc over the Christmas holidays. When it came home the wife said"You're gonna park that in the backyard aren't you?" I took her to the grocery store in it one time & she was humming the tune to the Brady Bunch. Now she loves it!

Auto Transport Service
Back