• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PG classics exhaust tips - anyone buy them?

Following.

IMG_4560.gif

I have bought many items from them and no problems. But you have to take into account the shipping from Canada which can be high.

I have bought many items from them and no problems. But you have to take into account the shipping from Canada which can be high.
I have bought from them just dont know of the quality of their tips.

Exact description on both sites. Wonder if there the same product.

All these exhaust tips are pretty much coming from the same source, (China). Pick your vendor they will be the same product for the most part. I prefer PG over YO just because YO jerked me around on an order.

I refuse to buy from PG Classics or their shadow Mopar Parts Restoration. Not because they have bad products, but because they are overpriced, and being a "Canadian" company, they bill domestic orders in USD, which rubs me the wrong way. :up:

However for all you friends down south, that is a help for you I'm sure.

Now, with that said, I still often end up paying for certain parts in USD, but if I have to do that, I have a nice selection of U.S.A. vendors to support.

I refuse to buy from PG Classics or their shadow Mopar Parts Restoration. Not because they have bad products, but because they are overpriced, and being a "Canadian" company, they bill domestic orders in USD, which rubs me the wrong way. :up:

Now, with that said, I still often end up paying for certain parts in USD, but if I have to do that, I have a nice selection of U.S.A. vendors to support.
To the OP, I haven’t bought tips but have bought a chrome remote side mirror for my A body and was very happy with the weight and overall quality. Price was good too.

@Don67Satellite I think you should call them next time. They will bill you in Canadian dollars and that’s at the current bank of Canada rate which will save 2-3% over what your credit card company will charge you when you make your purchases at your preferred us companies. PG also calculated real shipping in Canadian dollars for me instead of US dollars

I find the price of their products to be the same or less than any other vendor physically located in the United Staes of America And they often have good sales with descent discounts like clockwork around special holidays and seasons etc…. They have one right now for 20% off.

I don’t know why you would subject yourself to higher shipping and possible brokerage on buying from the states when they are located in Canada and this will not happen to you when purchasing from them? Many Of the vendors in USA buy their products from PG classic. I like to support PG when possible as they actually have the stuff made for them/make their own products. If they aren’t successful I lose choice on the long run.

maybe give a call and discuss it next time you need something? Perhaps you may be pleasantly surprised.

For what it’s worth I asked about the US dollar pricing and it’s because 90-95% of their market is in the states and it’s just easiest and makes the most sense.. I think I agree with that.

Be more mad because our government sucks and needs to GO and our dollar is so low because of them and our monetary policies. That’s my rant. lol

Last edited:
To the OP, I haven’t bought tips but have bought a chrome remote side mirror for my A body and was very happy with the weight and overall quality. Price was good too.

@Don67Satellite I think you should call them next time. They will bill you in Canadian dollars and that’s at the current bank of Canada rate which will save 2-3% over what your credit card company will charge you when you make your purchases at your preferred us companies. PG also calculated real shipping in Canadian dollars for me instead of US dollars

I find the price of their products to be the same or less than any other vendor physically located in the United Staes of America And they often have good sales with descent discounts like clockwork around special holidays and seasons etc…. They have one right now for 20% off.

I don’t know why you would subject yourself to higher shipping and possible brokerage on buying from the states when they are located in Canada and this will not happen to you when purchasing from them? Many Of the vendors in USA buy their products from PG classic. I like to support PG when possible as they actually have the stuff made for them/make their own products. If they aren’t successful I lose choice on the long run.

maybe give a call and discuss it next time you need something? Perhaps you may be pleasantly surprised.

For what it’s worth I asked about the US dollar pricing and it’s because 90-95% of their market is in the states and it’s just easiest and makes the most sense.. I think I agree with that.

Be more mad because our government sucks and needs to GO and our dollar is so low because of them and our monetary policies. That’s my rant. lol

Good to know others may have an updated experience with them. I was basing my opinion off of shopping on their website directly, putting the items I was looking for at the time into the shopping cart, and seeing what the shipping would be. In most instances, I was able to shop either through eBay, or direct from another US based site, and the cost including shipping was noticeably less.

One item I will directly call out is the re-pop 1967 chrome tail light bezels with red or argent accents. The price difference I paid from a US based vendor in 2022 was $131USD. $299 vs. $169. Shipping was virtually the same and the bezels are beautiful. As with inflation, the price difference today is $100. But I'd still take that any day. Not sure what vendors you compare to, but I can't agree with they are always less or equal to.

However based on what you said, I may consider them over the phone on a future purchase, or not.

Hey Don can you share your nice selection of US vendors?

Auto Transport Service
Back