• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up some old electronics from local pawn shop.

idrivemopar

Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
I was out looking around in the pawn shops today, found this older analyzer it has all the pickups except the amp one, red plug, and no owners manual, but I saw some others online that look like they originally came with a remote starter and a vacuum gauge.

Also got a made in japan Hawk dwell/tachometer.

Got both plus a distributor wrench for $15 bucks! So, even if it doesn't work, it will make a nice addition to some other old stuff I have on the shelves!

20170501_155443.jpeg

20170501_155453.jpeg

Distributor Calibration Machine (2).jpg

I found this SUN distributor calibration machine in my neighbor's barn several years ago.

I was out looking around in the pawn shops today, found this older analyzer it has all the pickups except the amp one, red plug, and no owners manual, but I saw some others online that look like they originally came with a remote starter and a vacuum gauge.

Also got a made in japan Hawk dwell/tachometer.

Got both plus a distributor wrench for $15 bucks! So, even if it doesn't work, it will make a nice addition to some other old stuff I have on the shelves!

View attachment 419530

View attachment 419531
Great score!

View attachment 419570
I found this SUN distributor calibration machine in my neighbor's barn several years ago.

I believe there is a member on here that has the matching analyzer for that.

Great score!

I believe there is a member on here that has the matching analyzer for that.

Cool! I sold it the same day I bought it. Paid $200 and sold it for $300 2 hours later.... It was in beautiful condition too.

I think the model of analyzer I picked up is one of the earliest branded as Penske, just based on the other model numbers I have seen, only other one I fund with lower model number was a craftsman branded one, that was 161.21040 where mine is 161.21042. Also interesting is the serial number is A-79, so I am also guessing part of the first run with that small of a serial number. Just interesting, that is all!

idrive- don't you be bad-mouthing my former employer for 30 yrs.!

Auto Transport Service
Back