• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

519238C6-55FC-4A02-8D9C-5E0620F29F5D.jpeg

At least in my area, it was common for guys to only have mag wheels for the rear and stock rims for the front - new aluminum slotted rims were expensive!

But, they were "required" on any car to make it cooler. Yes, I have to admit: I even put a set (only on the rear) on a 4 door /6 Dodge Dart! :poke:

At least in my area, it was common for guys to only have mag wheels for the rear and stock rims for the front - new aluminum slotted rims were expensive!

But, they were "required" on any car to make it cooler. Yes, I have to admit: I even put a set (only on the rear) on a 4 door /6 Dodge Dart! :poke:
Any aftermarket wheel was required on any car, didn’t matter if it was 2 or 4 wheels, or 2 or 4 doors. Stock wheels were for dorks :lol:

Back in the mid-sixties, the only wheels I could afford were chromed reversed rims. About $15 each. Lots of guys ran them around here back in the day. The real affluent guys ran Cragars.

Auto Transport Service
Back