• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

44373D12-A4EA-489E-93BA-92177844F2D6.jpeg

Lee Smith was a friend of mine went to his house and he would tell stories of the good old days .

588D82B6-C08C-4153-A4B3-38957879B1B9.jpeg

You disagree that a chevy truck is being used?

@qkcuda

Any Zoo Freaks here?

For those not from around here, Kzew was the FM rock station in the Fort Worth, Dallass area

View attachment 1462069
Oh yeah... the Zoo usta be real good, mid to late 70s. Then it - and dozens of other 'rock stations' in the middle of the country all got bought by clear channel communications... [now iheart radio] and we all know what happened then. :(
Actually, they didn't really go in the toilet til early to mid 80s - quite a few maintained local staff.
Once, shortly after the clear channel massacre, a buddy of mine and I ran a little experiment ; starting with T95 in Wichita, we travelled to Houston. T95 to KMOD in Tulsa, to KATT in OKC to KZEW in Dallas and then on to the clear channel station in Waco whose call sign I can't remember to KEGL/KGLK? [cant remember] 'the Eagle' in Houston. Never missed a note of a song. Only [some] of the commercials changed. :(

Oh yeah... the Zoo usta be real good, mid to late 70s. Then it - and dozens of other 'rock stations' in the middle of the country all got bought by clear channel communications... [now iheart radio] and we all know what happened then. :(
Actually, they didn't really go in the toilet til early to mid 80s - quite a few maintained local staff.
Once, shortly after the clear channel massacre, a buddy of mine and I ran a little experiment ; starting with T95 in Wichita, we travelled to Houston. T95 to KMOD in Tulsa, to KATT in OKC to KZEW in Dallas and then on to the clear channel station in Waco whose call sign I can't remember to KEGL/KGLK? [cant remember] 'the Eagle' in Houston. Never missed a note of a song. Only [some] of the commercials changed. :(
Yeah, between Lons Star 92.5, and 98.7 K-luv, in a 6 hour period I counted Phil Collins in the air tonight played 32 times. Why, why do we need to hear that, that many times!

Phil Collins' "people" must be REAL good.

I hear a PC song every single day.

Usually 2-3 of them.

Even at the grocery store.

Auto Transport Service
Back