• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

My 71 Charger R/T is right out of the Arizona desert, it has cool old school stickers on the underside of the trunk lid, including radio station stickers. All these are staying even after the car is painted. These are part of the cars history!

20210525_214048.jpg

20210526_125030.jpg

counted Phil Collins in the air tonight played 32 times
Wouldn't want to hear it that much, but liked the tune and a couple others he did. This is one reason I liked the song:

What I find interesting about that song is the drum part everyone raves about is actually about the most basic drum "fill" you can do.

Probably the first one any one taking up the drums for the first time learns.

What I find interesting about that song is the drum part everyone raves about is actually about the most basic drum "fill" you can do.

Probably the first one any one taking up the drums for the first time learns.

For me it was Wipeout by the Surfaris. Of course that was in the late 60's when I got my 1st kit, a decade plus before Phil Collins recorded that song.

As far as the fill, it's not the technical aspect, but rather the impact to the song that made it iconic. Sometimes less is more!

Agree.

But it's fun, not being a drummer, to sit down at a kit, ramble off a few basic beats, and then throw that in to wow the unsuspecting bystanders.

Beautiful Mineral Wells Tx when it was beautiful, and the fabulous Baker hotel. The largest building outside of a metropolitan area when constructed in 1922. To the left you can the Crazy Water hotel, built in the late 1800s

2194BA87-CFE5-432E-8D64-2DA9A9A7C0CA.jpeg

7BB1F3AC-2A0F-4D1C-8C61-E70EB6871E45.jpeg

Agree.

But it's fun, not being a drummer, to sit down at a kit, ramble off a few basic beats, and then throw that in to wow the unsuspecting bystanders.
Lots of great drummers,but Keith Moon was off the charts,insane,completely unpredictable and just effing amazing!

Auto Transport Service
Back