• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

123221B9-DCCB-4FD3-87DA-1FE387C7E220.jpeg

I have a couple...
The first is in 1977 right after paint and the second is 1984.
gtx1977.jpg
gtx1984.jpg

This one is 1977 after I put the engine in
View attachment 1464483View attachment 1464484
I would have been 5 in 77, but growing up…my brother would talk about a blown hemi in a white dart. He made it clear it was ALL 426! Car was known to own the street. If it’s the same car. May have been the newest version at world of wheels close to my beat up car In 19. But very cool pics!

I would have been 5 in 77, but growing up…my brother would talk about a blown hemi in a white dart. He made it clear it was ALL 426! Car was known to own the street. If it’s the same car. May have been the newest version at world of wheels close to my beat up car In 19. But very cool pics!
The car next to you would have been Jacks car.Back in the day we both had blown White Darts,his had a 440 and mine had a Hemi.
The engine in my Dart came out of an A/D that won the 1976 Winter Nationals.I just put a blower on the engine that came out of it.It went a 155 mph at the track,it was a very fast street car!. On the street I would run the big pulley on the top and small on the bottom so it would make less boost.At the track the small went on top and that big pulley on the bottom.If I tried running the small pulley on the streets it would blow the ex system right off the car.I did that in front of DragCity in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday with Boot's and Chomiski egging me on.If you know Boots ask him about it and the car.:steering:

Auto Transport Service
Back