• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

tumblr_p1ydntSUo41s3pgtho1_1280.jpg

This is another fine example of a proper roadrunner. Dork dishes be damned! He’s got a reputation to uphold, and an a$$ whoopin to put on those pesky Chevys and fords

B18C9438-164E-4BA8-9C63-CEFFE3B69E7E.jpeg

That is what a proper Road Runner looked like back in the day, no one would be seen with skinny tires on steel wheels with goofy dog dish hubcaps like grandpa had on his 62 Valiant!
Back in the day, my GTX was ordered with dog dish caps - because they were going to be immediately removed for better wheels, which had been discontinued for 1969. The car ran the original steel wheels with snow tires for five PA winters. I regret I never thought to photograph that configuration. More than a few high performance Plymouths arrived at Clark Motor Company with dog dish caps, but absolutely zero stayed that way. This one will never go back to caps on my watch.
IMG_0101 (2).JPG

I know a lot of people don't care for them, but I think those 73/74 Charger SE's are pretty cool looking.

What else looked that cool from those years? laguna s-3...maybe.....gran torino sport.....maybe.....

Mine was an SE,I converted it to the roll down quarter windows of the coupe. No dork dishes here Drag Stars!

20171102_074610.jpg

20171102_074632.jpg

20171102_074640.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back