• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

picture of my hemi

george68hemirr

Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
NILSEN 040.jpg

NILSEN 040.jpg

pump gas hemi....11.5 to1 compression....aluminum block and heads...around 7 miles per gallon just putting around

If you think that's impressive, just wait until I post pics of my /6 with its Super Six mods. ;)

:rolling:

I figured it would have gotten mileage like an injected motor. After all, it has ONE barrel per cylinder just like one injector per:edgy:

:HappyNewYear:

heres what i have....572 hemi/68 pro-street roadrunner
keith black aluminum block
scat 4340 non-twist forged crank
oliver billet steel race rods
J E 11.5 to 1 pistons
bullit flat tappet solid cam 283/283 duration @.050 711 intake/690 exhaust
schubeck composit lifters
smith brothers push rods
stage v big valve heads 2.40/1.94
comp port and polished by tim...forhemisonly
stage v 1.6 ratio roller rockers
billet rocker stands
milodon swing gate dual line system
milodon 9 qt pan
milodon gear drive
msd distrib and 6 al
tti 2 1/8..3 1/2
indy tunnel ram
2-1050 pro-system dominators
meziere electric water pump
taylor 10.44mm wires
ati super damper
dynamic 727..broke..going for cope tranny
dynamic 9.5..3800stall convertor....going for the ptc
mark williams chrome moly shaft with hd joints
dana 60..4.30 gears.. moser axles
29.5/13.50-15 mt slicks
8 point cage and frame connectors
mini tubbed/super stock springs moved in 3 inches
mallory comp 250 fuel pump
areomotive billet fuel pump controller
triangle 20 gallon fuel cell
ran a 10.8/127 but had problems running into rev limiter...one run only...snapped pinion yoke ears then other shaft dropped on second run
runner weighs ? 3650 through 3900...i have to check that

Question George. Is there a particular reason (besides cosmetic) that you used twin throttle cables instead of a single cable and mechanical linkage?

I'm just wonderin

Question George. Is there a particular reason (besides cosmetic) that you used twin throttle cables instead of a single cable and mechanical linkage?

I'm just wonderin

when i did the dyno and found out i wasnt getting full throttle i checked closer and found out i didnt have enough throw....i needed 2 3/8 to get that and only had 1 1/2 and man it was tough to push down on the gas pedal.. the mechanical linkage just wasnt getting it..so i went with 2 cables to one and it got better....then i snapped the one cable to the gas pedal....then change everything....went with 2 cables from the carbs right to the gas pedal and wow what a differance........full throttle and easy to push down the gas pedal......should do better than 10.8 in the quarter now.

my first run i set the msd rev limiter at 7200 and went to shift at 7000....broke up 2nd and 3rd....ran right into the limiter,,,7200....second run snapped pinion yoke when i shifted into second....that was it......and i didnt have full throttle at that time.....puked the tranny after that......went with a john cope race 727...mark williams chrome molt shaft with 1350 joints and a strange yoke....did a dyno about a year later and found out i didnt have full throttle...at 6800 i pulled a 528hp...then with me pulling on the linkage to get full throttle it pulled a 598hp/700tq at 6800rpms...the dyno guy said there was a 20percent loss thru the drive train....so that puts me at 750hp at the flywheel.....should be fun this year at the track....plus it a pump gas hemi....93 octane

yes i have a couple of videos in the welcome wagon under hello from the hudson valley.....check it out

i believe youll see it. diamondback racing engines is a good source of carb tuning info. Damon is a hell of a tuner. old f/c crew chief.

Auto Transport Service
Back