• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pie Tins ( No longer being made ) are available for less than 1/2 hour from Now to purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
1701950479246.png

Technically the Mopar Performance pies are re-pops also , selling on eBay for millions

In reality how would you even know a factory original/dealer from a re-pop ?

Unless your car is unrestored

Anyways

Technically the Mopar Performance pies are re-pops also , selling on eBay for millions

In reality how would you even know a factory original/dealer from a re-pop ?

Unless your car is unrestored

Anyways
I am going to point a couple things out that I have learned from the 4 I just acquired. I gotta go take some pictures.

Ok. First thing is I “think” the one I know is from a 69 GTX seems to feel slightly heavier. That could be in my mind but I thought I noticed it while handling two of them together. One of the unknown origins is actually a slightly darker orange. You can see it in the pictures. Next is the paint transfer from them being stacked at some point. Two of them, the unknown origins, have very clear transfer of the designation from another tin. I tried to make that visible in the pictures. The “original” and the new Mopar Performance seem to have no paint transfer on them. Just some things I’ve noticed.

IMG_9271.jpeg

IMG_9272.jpeg

IMG_9273.jpeg

IMG_9274.jpeg

IMG_9275.jpeg

IMG_9276.jpeg

IMG_9277.jpeg

IMG_9278.jpeg

My '69 Charger has the 383 HP engine, but never had a "Magnum" pie tin. I bought it new. Never got a good explanation why it came without one.

classic industries is re making them. I have a 440 and a 340 on order
If I knew that my engine was supposed to have a pie tin I might be interested in buying one if available; however, if all 383 HP engines didn't have them and mine did not from new, I wouldn't. To my knowledge, a "Magnum" 383 was the 335 hp version, which I do have.

classic industries is re making them. I have a 440 and a 340 on order
Unfortunately. I don't think this is true. First of all Classis is a Cataloguer. Most catalogers purchase products for resale. That's how they make their money. My first question to you would be when did you purchase them and did you put money down yet? A few people ( including myself ) have ordered 440 Magnums and 440 Super Commando's and never received their pie tins. After being told they were on back order forever with No idea when they might arrive, some friends and I had to request refunds because we did not want Classic holding on to our money for some unknown time if forever. I receive their Mopar catalogs twice a year. Again, Classics is a Cataloguer for the most part. They could be a licensed Mopar Producer now, but I have not heard anything to confirm that has happened. I have spoke with a number of " Licensed Mopar Reproduces " and they have told me that Mopar Performance has quoted them prices too High to reproduce them, and Every Mopar Licensed Producer has stated that they could never make any money with the prices that have been quoted them recently. So unless Classics is having them made outside the USA, It most likely it won't happen again.

Last edited:
When you look on page 493 of the most current catalog, they don't even carry or list the 440 Super Commando anymore ! When you call and ask if they have any of the item #'s of the 440 Magnums, red or orange MN1024 and MN1025 they don't have any in stock and have No idea when they would get them in !!! I am thankful for the service that Classic's provide......but they will sit on your money as long as you let them. Sorry

Well they have none of my money and I don't care, as they'd have to be the last place on earth with an item I needed to buy from them. Surely it's not that hard to pad print and stamp out a piece of 16thou aluminum.

You sure seem to have this Tin plate stuck in your craw ! Is it because you have for sale threads with them???

Well they have none of my money and I don't care, as they'd have to be the last place on earth with an item I needed to buy from them. Surely it's not that hard to pad print and stamp out a piece of 16thou aluminum.

You sure seem to have this Tin plate stuck in your craw ! Is it because you have for sale threads with them???
To respond to your different response. I restore Mopar items to help other Mopar enthusiast's out. When someone states that something is being remade that I restore ( like air cleaner parts ), I will chime in. I don't make much for the amount of time I have to put in for each item.

Actually he doesn't. I went back to June and there are no sale threads. Now if he is offering some he owns for sale, we have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back