• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pit stops then and now

4 crew members? They have that for 1 tire now. The last race I watched was 2.8 or so seconds on average I think. But no fuel.
Thanks for the cool video!

Ancient School Vs Very New School

:iamwithstupid: very Old/Ancient school {60+years ago} vs Ubber New-school & ubber-$$$/technology 2013, 19 crew members a single wheel nut & air guns, doesn't hurt either vs a guy with a lead hammer pounding the crap out of a knock off hub spinner... I remember seeing film of the Woods brothers doing full pit stops in 30 second {they are doing it in 12-14 seconds today with only 6 guys/5 lugs per wheel, 2 tire guys, 2 changers, a jack man (not air lift) & gas man, pretty impressive too} , 4 tires & fuel, NASCAR Pit stops, in the mid 60's, when that wasn't even done in Indy, let alone a F1 cars, cubic-$$$/ubber-engineering way too many people over the wall to compare... cool stuff thou

4 then, 20 now. And, then it took Balls.

Auto Transport Service
Back