• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pitman Arm 69 Road Runner

69RunnerMike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
Replacing Pitman arm on my Runner with power steering. The arm I bought has a different bend than the one I removed from my car. It fits the steering box shaft and the measurements seem to line up. Not that knowledgeable on steering components. Will this part work on my car?

20230516_145726_resized.jpg

As long as your turning left and right are ok you should be fine.

One was made back in 68/69 with pride. The other was made by a 12 year old in china using legos as a cast. So as long as the sweep is the same it should be fine.

Here's my OE still on the box (or possibly a 70's CTC replacement) and my PST replacement arm I put on in 2017... both worked just fine.

beerestoration2015-2016 469.JPG

Just went through this with a manual to power conversion. It should work but you will probably need a toe set / alignment. Measure or just eyeball with the idler arm as long as they are the same good to go.

I just replaced the pittman arm on my 69 GTX, the original and replacement looked just like Dadsbee above. Works just fine

Dale

If you’re still trying to find the exact replacement pitman arm, I got one from classic industries , the one from PST would not work with what I have. PST is on the left, classic is on the right.

IMG_8331.jpeg

IMG_8330.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back