• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PLease clear this up for me: 71-7X suspensions

greymouser7

Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
I was searching the internet for prices and parts lists for poly urethane bushings (trying to find the best deal) when one of the vendors had a chat room pop up to help me with questions. There ended up being a disagreement about which models had what.

I said: 73-74 front suspensions should be the same, and generally, 71-thru the last?? b-body rear suspension should be the same (I did not go into the oval front leafspring change, which at the time I did not remember when that occurred-I guess <-1973-> ).

The vendor 'has been doing this for 25 years' and told me that 1972 front suspension was the same as 1973 (I thought 71 & 72/then 73 on -> ) so please clear this up for me and the rear suspension change from 73 to 74 as I need verification.

Thanks for your time. Very respectfully, John

That vendor is wrong. 71 and 72 are the same then 73 and up. Same with the rear. 73 and up also have the isolation pads between the springs and axle housing.
Since 1976 I've owned over 60 of the 71-4 B's including the ones I've parted out. Right now I have three 71's and five 72's and they have the same suspensions..

If by chance you're talking about energysuspensionparts...

...be VERY careful dealing with them.

They have good prices, but they are not very good at communicating or understanding what customers are saying.

Nor are they very good at QC of what they are actually sending out.

They shipped me mismatched parts left to right and didn't seem to understand why I was dissatisfied.

it took about 30 emails and a dozen pics to get matching parts for both sides.

Auto Transport Service
Back