• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Help with Front Fender Hardware Locations

Gold Rush

Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
I got my '74 SE Brougham back from the guys doing body work for me and quickly realized they had even less idea where the front fender mounting bolts and studs belong. I have the factory body manual but it doesn't clearly show where the threaded studs go. In the bag marked Front fender hardware there were five studs (one was already installed at the top mounting location for a total of six studs) and several bolts still not installed.

Stud Locations.JPG

Hopefully someone can steer me in the correct direction. Can't for the life of me see why two different length studs and also why so many.

Thanks so much for you help!!!

Normally I would say check on top where the fender connects to the frame of the engine bay, check the front connection to the valance, and check lower fender behind the wheel well connection to the frame. Those in your pic do not look like they would connect your fender to either. Not sure about the small studs. Someone else may have the correct answer.

I believe the short ones go into the upper cowl pads that meet up with the fenders square holes(by the windshield). The long ones go into the bottom of the fender where it meets the rocker pannel(2 per side). I think they're so long to accommodate shims if necessary for proper alignment.

Thanks Guys!!! Now I see all three locations in the shop manual diagram. I'm quite a ways from final assembly but now I have one less mystery to solve! I really do appreciate the help!!

Auto Transport Service
Back