• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

I have had the good fortune to have lots of funny and helpful responses in a few threads of mine.
My strange way of thinking must bring out the weirdness in others.

I resemble that.

Did you ever think that your way of thinking is normal and it's the rest of the world that's not?

We're living in a different world than which we grew up in. Hell, they don't even teach cursive writing in school anymore. I guess that's so they won't be able to read the constitution. Do you print your name when signing important documents?
I often print then sign in cursive.

I often print then sign in cursive.

When you "sign" on those devices that require it for a credit card transaction--do you bother to make any sense out of scribble? I draw a happy face and it always works.:)

I do always write my name.
I am a "literal" sort of guy though. I see the term "signature" and live by that.
That very trait of being literal leads to laughs every day when I think of what people say.
I'm going to take a piss. You are? WHERE are you going to take it?
I was holding my breath for, like an hour. Hmm...I would like to have seen that.
I was banging the **** out of that woman. Really? That is terrible. Did you shower immediately after ?

No offense to anyone, but unless we have fought together, bled together or have the same mother/father please don't call me "Brother". That term is reserved for a very few true Brothers in my life.

I do always write my name.
I am a "literal" sort of guy though. I see the term "signature" and live by that.
That very trait of being literal leads to laughs every day when I think of what people say.
I'm going to take a piss. You are? WHERE are you going to take it?
I was holding my breath for, like an hour. Hmm...I would like to have seen that.
I was banging the **** out of that woman. Really? That is terrible. Did you shower immediately after ?

I am right with you on this.
When someone asks me "how are you" my thinking goes to all of my ailments. (I can't help where my mind takes me)
I do get that they actually are just saying "hi" --but I see patterns in learned language and visual images as well.
My issue is controlling my responses with strangers that don't know me. --"I'm feeling much better now"

s_rg_johnastin_fsa.jpg

Who the hell asked you?
Looking at the pic of you, I see out of style, outdated, etc...
What a thing to post.
None of you guys has had your spell check make a mistake?
Stupid thread from behind the safety of your computer...
So whatever dude, why don't you chill.
At the end of the day you're no better than anyone else.
Just sayin!
Funny, my spell check changed at the end of the day to Corndog needs therapy!
This man obviously has a small cock. :wtf:

Kern dog,
I got outta hand.
It's my option not to post on something I may not agree on.
What I should have said is something such as (like?)this...
When I was writing your name, my spell checker spells Keen, and a few times at that. It takes a few times to get it right.
So, I guess I just wanted to convey that in the moment, responding to a post, or bidding on an auction, searching etc, the dang spell checker is often the culprit.
The other thing is, I'm pretty sure you may have used some tired phrases yourself at one time. I'm sure we all so. I still do,,they've already been mentioned.
But that wasn't the question.
So, I apologize for turning your thread into an argument.
I will return to the pit area, and go back to watching from the sidelines.

You missed the point though.
I wasn't originally commenting on spelling or grammar, just phrases people say that are annoying, redundant or illogical.
Moving on...

No offense to anyone,

Using that term/phrase -out of the gate-- is NOT a way to a free pass for anything that follows.
But it does cleverly fit with the topic as an example.:drinks:

I haven’t read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has already been said.

Please stop calling a distributor a “dizzy”
And it’s “probably”, not “prolly”

Oh, and one more. Only use “whom” when referring to the object in a sentence. The misuse of “whom” seems to run rampant here. Just using it indiscriminately, doesn’t make you smart. :thumbsup:

To whom it may concern, I'm prolly guilty of that:rolleyes:, but I don't say dizzy :D

I have had the good fortune to have lots of funny and helpful responses in a few threads of mine.
My strange way of thinking must bring out the weirdness in others.
I can dig what you're groovin' at.

Last edited:
Cordoba, not Cordova:blah:

"I don't disagree with that" during a discussion (aka: "an argument"). Ok, then you agree with me:poke:

Using that term/phrase -out of the gate-- is NOT a way to a free pass for anything that follows.
But it does cleverly fit with the topic as an example.:drinks:
I had a boss years ago that would start statements with "not to be negative, but..."
and then proceed to say something negative as hell.
Pissed me off more than once.
If you're gonna rank on something/someone, own it.

It's a WHEEL dammit, not a rim. The rim is a small feature of the wheel.

Interchangeable use of hub cap and wheel cover:mob:

Back in the day...mag wheels. No, they look like aluminum wheels to me, not MAGnesium wheels. :soapbox:

I haven’t read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has already been said.

Please stop calling a distributor a “dizzy”
And it’s “probably”, not “prolly”

Oh, and one more. Only use “whom” when referring to the object in a sentence. The misuse of “whom” seems to run rampant here. Just using it indiscriminately, doesn’t make you smart. :thumbsup:

While we are at this-- "What is up with" the word "Chromoly" (for example):poke: I'm sure you know all about the misuse of that.
Another that comes to mind is the word/term -Crager mags-. The name "Crager" was misused for many years to describe a look or style.
Our language is a soup from the past blended into the soup of the present.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back