• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

I get it.....An engine is thought of as a power producing machine that runs on some type of fuel while a motor is thought of as being driven by electricity.
50 feet from the dock, the plug pulled out and my motorboat quit running. :)

I am doing you the service and showing you the respect that you deserve here by explaining the red X.
I was really stubborn and slow to wake up in regards to the detonation problems and various suggestions that were offered. Plenty of people chimed in to help and instead of just pulling the engine and swapping the pistons, I tried dancing around it. Since then I have changed my way of thinking about problem solving to include not only automotive problems but also issues at work in construction. I can honestly admit that I handle problems differently as a result of that experience.

Damn, I posted that 2 years ago! But ya missed my point. In all my years here, no one ever busted you or me for technical mistakes and general automotive knuckheadedness (me above all).

So why get our panties in a bunch here about grammar?

Let’s not take ourselves too seriously.

Sports announcers, please stop shortening team names. I get that some have been around for decades, but recently the trend is for those that have never been shortened. Its Cougars, not "Cougs", its like say vag instead of vagina!

Sports announcers, please stop shortening team names.

So I take that you don't want Pat Foley or the fans to call them "the Hawks" anymore? I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon!

Would more than one Sphinx be called Sphinxsters ?
JewelsOfTheNileNasserAndAbuSimbel_Karnak_Hero01.jpg

For some reason, I never hear the -Pronunciation- of words that -may be misspelled.:) In this place we all are deaf.

I am forever hearing words either -misused, misspoken' or even with the wrong number of syllables.

My weak area of communicating (when typing) is "proper" punctuation. --As is evident here. :p

My favorite -misspoken word is "nuclear". It is spoken-most often- and-- (incorrectly) as if it was a three syllable word. The problem that I see is most folks have a hard time with the word "clear" as being a one syllable word. ---If one had a window that was -new- and it (being new) was clear. they would have a -new clear window-bingo with the pronunciation of the word "nuclear".

If what I just typed is disturbing to punctuation nazis? (or others) :poke: Please tell me what part of my attempt at communicating -really tripped you up?:drinks:

For some reason, I never hear the -Pronunciation- of words that -may be misspelled.:) In this place we all are deaf.

I am forever hearing words either -misused, misspoken' or even with the wrong number of syllables.

My weak area of communicating (when typing) is "proper" punctuation. --As is evident here. :p

My favorite -misspoken word is "nuclear". It is spoken-most often- and-- (incorrectly) as if it was a three syllable word. The problem that I see is most folks have a hard time with the word "clear" as being a one syllable word. ---If one had a window that was -new- and it (being new) was clear. they would have a -new clear window-bingo with the pronunciation of the word "nuclear".

If what I just typed is disturbing to punctuation nazis? (or others) :poke: Please tell me what part of my attempt at communicating -really tripped you up?:drinks:

These are mute points.:D

“Dude”. “Boss” “whatever”

“Ya know what I’m sayin?”

"Basically" doesn't fit in about 9 out of 10 sentences it's used in
and when you apologize to someone for not taking a call, or bump accidentally into someone in a line and they respond, "No, you're alright"
(Damn right I know I'm alright)

If the wife's happy, everyone is happy. Better to buy her a purse with a pocket to hold your balls.

naw, that's been around as long as "uber"

now that's uber epic!

Auto Transport Service
Back