• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

How about phat? Are we still cool with phat?

Lol? Wtf? I hate lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol

I'm getting real tired of hearing- "past due", "overdrawn", "insufficient funds", "your fired"...

when did it become proper to begin a sentence with "So" .. especially when someone is asked a question and they give an answer it starts with So ...drives me crazy as "borrow me a dollar" when we were in school

when did it become proper to begin a sentence with "So" .. especially when someone is asked a question and they give an answer it starts with So ...drives me crazy as "borrow me a dollar" when we were in school

Never mind that, we're having a party!

AND WHAT NOT!!!! I want to smack everybody over the head that says this. It seams to be the Southern Ohio boys that like to say stuff like, "We might play some ball and what not"....... Ummmm what the hell does "what not" at the end of a sentence even mean?

This forum should be called www.forbbodiesandoldguysonly.com

But yeah Kern Dog, some turns of phrase do annoy me. But what really grinds my gears (how about that one Kern?) is when people say "your" instead of "you're", use "it's" incorrectly, use "literally" when they mean "figuratively", use "there/their/they're" incorrectly, and "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less"... among other things. All these things denote a lack of education and/or literacy.

As an instructor, if I asked a student a question and they respond with "Like, ...", I replied "Well, is it "X", or is it "like "X"???" I got them out of that bad habit in a hurry!

pat, you sound like a peach :icon_wink:

What about Guys that use FXXK word as a verb, adjective, noun, and pronoun? Like, for sure, don't they know any other four letter words? what the Fxxk? who FXXXIN cares? WTF? yikes!

Grammer snobs. Remarking about a persons lack of proper grammar and or education,often done to build up ones own ego. I find that people who do this sort of thing are often lacking in other areas so they point out others misgivings as a way to make themselves feel more important,educated or whatever. Myself,i let my wallet do the talking.

Grammer snobs. Remarking about a persons lack of proper grammar and or education,often done to build up ones own ego. I find that people who do this sort of thing are often lacking in other areas so they point out others misgivings as a way to make themselves feel more important,educated or whatever. Myself,i let my wallet do the talking.

I agree 100% although I think like Kern points out there's a lot of very annoying phrases used that make absolutely no sense whatsoever but yes the spell checkers on here need to get a life.

Grammer snobs. Remarking about a persons lack of proper grammar and or education,often done to build up ones own ego. I find that people who do this sort of thing are often lacking in other areas so they point out others misgivings as a way to make themselves feel more important

That is not the case with me. I do not get a personal boost from calling out terrible grammar. Some people have limited English skills and may be doing the best that they can. Others are just lazy or they lack the respect to make their posts easy to read. Who wants to sift through shitty spelling and punctuation to make sense of poorly assembled gibberish? Most of the time I just wince and move along but sometimes its as if these idiots are raping my eyes with their illiterate junk. :black_eye:

Poor thread titles.
What's it worth.
Run on sentences.
Troubleshooting threads where posters have the guy take the WHOLE goddam car apart without trying the simplest fix first.

Auto Transport Service
Back