• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

you guys crack me up (no that's not one I think!)

I also grew up in the Catholic system but I don't let poor grammar by others bother me. We come from all walks of life. However, I correct my kids at every opportunity as I see texting deteriorating English at an alarming rate. Rudeness and downright meanness bothers me much more.

Abbreviated words such as "Prof" annoy me to no end though. It has become too much effort to say the entire word now! My wife is an educated woman but prefers the shortened words; which I believe spilled over from being a cop.

I'm guilty of using thou to much...oh well....sorry bout that. :grin: My dad used to hate it when I said 'sorry bout that' every time he jumped on my butt which was a lot lol. One day he jumped on me about saying it. My reply was....yup, you guessed it, sorry bout that. Thought he was going to kill me that day. Any who, (have a friend that says that constantly) any who, 6 of one, half dozen of the other same same and the list goes on and on.

I hate:

"know what I mean?"

Especially when it is injected 3 to 4 times in a sentence....know what I mean?

How about " Seriously" And " Clearly" and "Badass" and " Whatever" and " dude" just saying that clearly these words are no longer badass and seriously out of fashion with whatever the kids are saying now, even the dudes. HAHAHAHAHAHAH......oh and "I know,,,.Right?"

Yeah, Just like the numb nut on another board asking about "duel" exhaust. I replied that my exhaust doesn't need to do combat, it does just fine by itself! I need to see what folks have said about that?

We all have our moments where our mouths engage before the brain and stuff comes out all wrong. But my favorite mis-spoken word is "Irregardless"

No, it's just "Regardless"

Greg (kerndog), I'm sorry, bro, but you're out of line. Remember a couple years ago when you went through all that hell with detonation, cam changes, etc. Through all of that, you probably had 5000 pieces of advice and at no time do i recall anyone berating you.

Ease up.

When the word 'iterate' means 'to say again', why do people say 'reiterate'?

I Like "whatever!". In my house it usually means the argument with the wife is over and I lost....

Auto Transport Service
Back