• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

How about "fully" to describe a fraction and make it sound more important-

"Fully one half of all participants surveyed....."

That's just absolute BS and poor grammar.

...and it usually comes from "professional" speakers and writers.
Well I guess it would be different than "Nearly one half of all...."

"Nearly one half" is correct, mathematically, although a bit unspecific.

Is it 46%, 49% or 49.99%?

"Fully one half", is absurd, from a mathematical perspective.

"Half" is 50%, nothing else but 50%.

"Nearly one half" is correct, mathematically, although a bit unspecific.

Is it 46%, 49% or 49.99%?

"Fully one half", is absurd, from a mathematical perspective.

"Half" is 50%, nothing else but 50%.
The last few posts sound like our Vice President talking.

It's just scientifically and mathematically a fact.

"Stroker motor".
I hear this and see this waaaay too much.
Yeah, Like many other annoying words, I understand the sentiment behind it but just gets used a LOT.

again just for your bloodpressure! my top 3
"whatever"
"your fine"
" pop up pistons"

Here is one that has infected the language....

Hey Joe, you want a beer?

No, I'm good.

You're good? Good at what? I didn't ask about your skill level, I asked if you wanted a beer.

No, I'm good.

You're good? Good at what? I didn't ask about your skill level, I asked if you wanted a beer.
Lol. You and I need to hang out. And drink beer. And make fun of people. My 2 favorite past times that I just don't get to do any more.

The older we get the fewer chances we have to make friends.

"Stroker motor".
I hear this and see this waaaay too much.
Yeah, Like many other annoying words, I understand the sentiment behind it but just gets used a LOT.
Yep. When talking to any of the 99 percenters, ( people that think or would like to think they are car people)
Any and all American V8's are now called stroker motors.

Just the actual, measured cubic inch would be fine please and thank you.

383 stroker with no other identifier. Makes me crazy when I see one advertised because it’s always a small block chev stroked to 383, never a Chrysler stroked up from 383.
Used to have some fun with the dummies at AutoZone when I needed something for my 383 Challenger. The first thing they generally said was Chevy motor? My usual reply was a plain nope. Usually more dumb questions would ensue but I just stayed quiet.

No, I'm good.

Great. Now I want a beer.

I hear people say Not my first Rodeo when they have never even been on a horse.

1 bundee.jpg

Quit saying you lost an hour of sleep. You didn’t if you slept in an hour or went to bed an hour earlier.

The wife gives me the same story twice a year….”this time change messes me up”…
I don’t understand how. It isn’t as if she lives by a strict schedule where everything has to happen based on the placement of the sun in the sky.
I worked outdoors most of my life… actually in the elements where time change affected light in the morning.
It never bothered me.
Well, I always hate the change back in the fall.

The wife gives me the same story twice a year….”this time change messes me up”…
I don’t understand how. It isn’t as if she lives by a strict schedule where everything has to happen based on the placement of the sun in the sky.
I worked outdoors most of my life… actually in the elements where time change affected light in the morning.
It never bothered me.
Well, I always hate the change back in the fall.
We, in Ohio, will never have to change it again. It stays this time from now on which I'm happy about. It does affect me as I am not one to go to bed early and for some reason it just really screws with me. I have no idea why.

Auto Transport Service
Back