• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

why so negative about 'free speech' ?
especially here

the ways people communicate, freely, openly
even phrases 'you/or others' don't care for
not worrying about 'don't say this' phrase :blah:

isn't it just another form of censorship/cancelations/banned

now going on, for how many 7-ish years now (?)

I really don't get it...
I guess I never will...

Johnny Cash on free speech.jpg

You don't see the irony here?
You are objecting to the request of others that request the cessation of certain phrases.
In clearer terms, you want to stop others from asking others to stop saying something.

1 huhuhu.jpg

Nobody has a right to expect others to abide by their wishes.
My point is that there are phrases that many people use that can be seen as tired, over-used, pointless and redundant.
A person with any sense should be able to come up with their own phrases to express themselves rather than just repeating what someone else has said.

still a form of censorship

you don't see the irony either

You are not getting the scenario at all.
In the case with you and I....One is trying to stop another from doing what each chooses to do.
I don't expect or demand it under the authority of the government.
Taking it a step further,
"The Pot calling the kettle black" should be familiar.
If this subject didn't resonate with anyone, it would have barely made it one page.
Feel free to say what you want. I'm also free to ignore it or soak it in. That goes both ways.
People often judge others that come across as a sheep that cannot come up with an original thought.
You'd have to admit that may comments here have merit. There has to be a few that you agree with.
Know wut I'm sayin?
01 wuuut.PNG

Last edited:
Well I think having all these sayings adds richness to the world - it would be an extremely boring place if everyone spoke correctly like C3PO all the time.

Examples:
"I do not believe what you are telling me is correct" vs "You're full of ****!'

Some of the sayings are used to provide emphasis or reinforce the importance to the other person e.g. "ya know what I'm saying" while looking them in the eye, or to provide pause in between words, instead of saying "um".

I'm guilty of saying "like" as a space filler or as an alternative to "said" if I'm recounting a conversation: "...and then she was like, are you coming to the beach or not?" instead of saying "...and then she said, are you coming to beach or not?"

We're not all robots (yet).

Wow, this thread took a turn down a completely different road!

Reminds me if a movie quote:
Excuse me, but is this the room for an argument?

Are you paying extra for an argument?

Know the difference between:

There, they're and their.
To and too.
It's REALtor, not Realator.
It's JEWELry, not jewlery..

Dave

There's a really cute jeweler (or jeweler's wife) here that says "jew el er ey".

julieweintraub4a.jpg

Now you're just contradicting.

Auto Transport Service
Back