• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

Oh, I know the misuse of the word. I hear it too often.
I also understand that the language evolves. Part of what annoys me is that some people glom onto some new phrase and say it as if trendy words and such make them interesting or edgy.

I also understand that the language evolves. Part of what annoys me is that some people glom onto some new phrase and say it as if trendy words and such make them interesting or edgy.
Remember (Bring it On!) or recently Super something.

But it isn't really a new phrase, I've heard it often for many years. I think it is only misused if people apply it to a trivial need; a 'big ask' should be an important request.

Here's an example that I hadn't heard because I wasn't born when it was written in 1781: “I am not so unreasonable as to desire you to take notice of all the stuff I scribble, or answer all my asks.”

I think its usage now is an acceptable idiom.

Maybe it is just gaining greater use as of late. I still don't like it.

How come no one ever corrects forum members that say- "...but I am bias because...."

I see that quite frequently.

You are biased.

If I had wanted English lessons I would have listened to my Grade 6 teacher instead of chatting with the gal next to me... :poke: :welcome:

Stop messin' with us.

We know you like a smart girl.

I thunk the only grammer police was a 3rd grade teacher?? btw. she was a good one to. sadly she die 50 year ago. ikr. .... r.i.p. miss thompson.

If I haven't already said- "reaching out to you"...or even if I have, I'll say it again.

...and stop saying you'll buy my house with cash, for a "fair" price.

We actually got one in the mail a couple of weeks ago that had an offer price.

It was one hundred thousand dollars below what zillow estimates the value at.

...and stop saying you'll buy my house with cash, for a "fair" price.

We actually got one in the mail a couple of weeks ago that had an offer price.

It was one hundred thousand dollars below what zillow estimates the value at.
When I've sold cars private party, I've encountered low offers that were far below what I was willing to take.
But I'll pay cash.
You'll need to pay MORE cash!
By the way, CASH is the only way that I'll sell the car. I'm not taking 200 lbs of ground beef or 3 months worth of lap dances in trade.

How about some nice Rib eyes...
prime rib 5.3lb.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back