• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
Please STOP saying the following phrases. They are either annoying, redundant, out of style or lack originality.

At the end of the day...
STOP it. When trying to make a point in conversation, some people say....I feel that high taxes are killing the middle class. At the end of the day, we all should share the burden.

That car is off the hook.....off the chain...
QUIT saying this!

I think the tree needs trimming, I'm just sayin.
BE QUIET ! There is nothing to be gained by following any sentence with just sayin.

man...I thought peeps on the west coast were so laid back...I mean no stress, off the chain type guys, just sayin'...I only thought us east coasters were uptight, I guess at the end of the day, it's just California Dreamin'...:black_eye:

I am by no means a verbal master. I just get tired of hearing people repeat phrases that have been used too much.
Feel free to add to the list.

God is Good.

Tired of everyone thinking They Own God, or he is their npersonal Slave.

How about when a man at a podium starts off..."The next guest needs no introduction..." Followed by a 2 minute monologue of the mans history.

Off the hook, Off the chain= Unruly, wild, uncontrollable, outrageous, maybe desireable ??

I'm for that! I hate the word LIKE!" When used in any way other than"I LIKE something" I.E: Like, you know what I mean?Like, for real like, like, Like, I don't get it! I am sorry to DRONE on! oops! I hate Thaaaaaaaaaaaaat too! HA HA

At the end of the day, this is only a forum for the middle class and Richard Cranium. So, get off the chain yo.

As an instructor, if I asked a student a question and they respond with "Like, ...", I replied "Well, is it "X", or is it "like "X"???" I got them out of that bad habit in a hurry!

Barn Find.

Holy crap...I am SO tired of every forgotten car being referred to as a BARN find.
Also....
I bought the car new off the showroom floor.
How is it that every car that people talk about was not in the back lot, not in a storage yard but on the dealers showroom floor?

'Know what I'm sayin?
Uh, no. You haven't said anything yet.

THATs what I'm talking about.
Uhhh... you haven't talked about anything yet.

...And ****. I was talking to my friend and ****, He was rebuilding his carburetor and ****. I asked what his plans were for later on. He said he was going to go to the store and ****.

Auto Transport Service
Back