• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plz identify these 2 holes 1965 Satellite 4 speed

cdstl

Local time
3:11 PM
Reaction score
I have the 2 holes on the On the transmission tunnel. I think that they are factory and I don’t remember if they had plugs in them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

4964BBB7-91FF-432F-BB9A-C31F18296684.jpeg

Looks like factory holes for 727 park and shift cables to me.

They are, as previously suggested, the holes for the two transmission cables. The cables from the console shifter go forward a bit inside the console and then through the floor. The grommets are on the cables themselves. Because the cables go through at a shallow angle the holes were pretty large to allow for the transition. The cables then make a large loop to head backwards toward the transmission.

Thanks for the info.

Some one probably had a console and shifter in the car at one time! Is your car a Sport Sat.?

It's a console 4 speed. It's had floor repair and I would imagine that the plugs didn't get put back in. I'm the second owner and the car is, for the most part, unmolested.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back