• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Polk Street Cruise-Amarillo, Texas Saturday August 2nd

TexasStroker

Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
The cruise will run 6-9 PM. Polk will be a south bound one way, from 4th-12th. Tyler will be the companion north bound route for traffic.
After 6 PM, you can only enter at 12th and Tyler.

For those of you in the area wanting to come down, let me know and I'll fill you in on the convoy plans or meet up place for Amarillo Area Mopars.

Polk St is the historic "drag" in Amarillo...it is in historic downtown and was the place to be up thru the late 1980s when the city/cops chased everyone off...

I see potential in this for a 3 day event, but I don't control it and I'm pretty sure those behind the event are content with where it is at now.

Nonetheless this is a good, fun event and a great way to pass the evening or weekend in Amarillo. If anyone in the area is coming down or coming up let me know!

On the bright side I'm going to start preliminary planning to pull off a 3 day Mopar event...They should have taken me up on expanding Polk :tongueflap:

Anyone planning on coming down (or up)?? Just a few days now :yes:

Thanks man, didn't even have to ask :D
I should know Tues night what our offical route will be to the cruise, so if anyone in the area is game let me know!

I spent my last dollah on a quarter gallon of gas, lol...Pretty sad that is true :s

Well in that case.....

ya got a 69 Plymouth trunk lid layin around extra:weg:

No, but there could be 2-3 of them on Polk St this weekend...

I'm not saying, I'm just saying :D

This is going down tonight!! If you are even thinking of coming down, just do it...We should have a pretty good MoTurnout. Bring your "B" body out and have some fun breaking necks :D

Well, the cruise has come and gone...

We had roughly 600 cars and I've heard anywhere from 1500-2000 people show up.

Weaving in and out of traffic I was able to get flyers out to prospective members...There were some nice Mopars out!

I"ve got pics up on the myspace site...I'll try and filter out the best ones to post here...

Auto Transport Service
Back