• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL: What brand of fuel do you use?

What brand of fuel do you use?

• Total voters

Hick727

Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
POLL: What brand of fuel do you use? My grandpa owns a Shell station so i use the non oxygenated V-Power.

Sunoco,
so you smoke pot and drive and then play beach ball with 2 girls, very cool dude!

Union 76 92 octane. And they sell 114 for $50 for 5 gallons so the Bee gets a occasional treat

Hess is what I tend to use more off than not for my daily drivers and my hot rod. They tend to be the least expensive brand name gas in this area and they have a 93 octane for the hot rod (which I still add an octane booster to). Seems to be good gas and it also seems like I remember seeing that they don't use much Arab oil (or Venevualian)

I worked at a Texaco station when I was younger so I bought all my gas from them. When Esso took over all the Texaco stations I just kept going to the same places.
AL

I don't have any thing that I particularly care about or need to care about engine-wise, so whatever is cheapest/easiest...generally QT or Kroger

ARCO mid grade....89 octane in my 09 Ram 1500 5.7. Gets me 15 in town and 19 on the highway.
I have a commercial account with my business and my average cost is appx 20% less than the posted price at the pump!

Shell is my number 1 choice . I burn 91 octane ( the "highest" readily-available octane available in good ol' Cali ) .

76 is my next choice , especially when I can find a station that sells 100 octane .

Chevron is okay , but not as good as it used to be .

ARCO ( et al. ) is 100% junk . I don't care what anyone says , it's inferior-quality fuel . Even if my car wouldn't ping , it would burn through a tank much faster .

You out of state guys are lucky ! 93 octane !!! That's equatable to 98 octane
( Motor Octane Number rating ) . And , I'm sure that it's less expensive than the gas here in Ca. ...

Why do you burn 93 in the new Charger - do you have a tuner program in it?
Yes, I use the predator in my SRT8. 91 octane is so-so for the 6.1 and only 1 brand(Race Track) is available and 89 is a not recommended. I replaced my throttle body at 24,000 miles with a ported one and the original was just as clean as the new one. Can't say the same for the TB on my F150 using 87 octane. It lasted 12,000 miles before it died.

Murphy Oil which ChinaMart and Sam's sells. I have a Sams card and it's a bit cheaper than ChinaMart. Will also use Valero and if BP hadn't spilled any oil, someone else would have...but I think they learned a valuable lesson. I just hate that our present gooberment shut down the Gulf like they did. Morons.....a lot of people lost their jobs because of the goobement. Let's boycott the gooberment morons!

Auto Transport Service
Back