• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

poly 318

If i may, the poly is definitely a great engine but it will be expensive to build compared to any LA small block or big block for speed goodies. If you want to be period correct then the poly would be my choice depending on getting a donor/ parts car to get all the hard to find parts. On the other hand you could always do an awesome blow through pro supercharger with a 4bbl intake on your slant 6 and turn some heads!

If i may, the poly is definitely a great engine but it will be expensive to build compared to any LA small block or big block for speed goodies. If you want to be period correct then the poly would be my choice depending on getting a donor/ parts car to get all the hard to find parts. On the other hand you could always do an awesome blow through pro supercharger with a 4bbl intake on your slant 6 and turn some heads!
Since the mid 80's I have had everything from slan 's to hemi's and all in between. I have had a couple of stock poly's too. I just want a cruiser, correct engine. I agree the poly can be built into a strong runner but expensive, the slant can be made to run, but I hate the idea of all that plumbing. A decent 383 would be great , but this is a more door an the poly suits me best on this app. I have gotten old enough that fast is not important and just the sound of a decent v8 is music to my ears!!

you do need a spacer, but it will work

your wish is my command...

View attachment 818227

View attachment 818228

View attachment 818229

Ok, now you have my attention! :)
Who is the source for the spacers?

I love my poly but it is more expensive to build. Intake manifolds are hard to find and expensive. Cams are hard to source (Schneider did mine, sources through Gary). Only headers I found were TTI. But it is a great running motor.

My 318 poly...
20151115_160309.jpg

[QUOTE="I love my poly but it is more expensive to build. Intake manifolds are hard to find and expensive. Cams are hard to source (Schneider did mine, sources through Gary). Only headers I found were TTI. But it is a great running motor.

My 318 poly...
View attachment 819875[/QUOTE]

Check out chrysler power, they have everything for the poly now, though expensive. From 4bbl intakes to cams to headers. Good luck

And video. Dynomax ultra flow, 2 1/2 exhaust, TTI headers...

Just remember... despite all the cost and negativity of a Poly build, they can still sound pretty cool:

Ok, now you have my attention! :)
Who is the source for the spacers?

I love my poly but it is more expensive to build. Intake manifolds are hard to find and expensive. Cams are hard to source (Schneider did mine, sources through Gary). Only headers I found were TTI. But it is a great running motor.

My 318 poly...
View attachment 819875
any machine shop could make them

Auto Transport Service
Back