• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poly Power Valve Covers

I like the no letter covers

Second, I have no idea what those letters are standing for or mean. “SS-X” means nothing to me.

I have no preference on the lettering but definitely admire the quality on both -- so many cast parts today leave much to be desired. I'd love to customize a set either way.

The mystery surrounding the definition of SS-X is getting tantalizing; where is the Family Feud guy, or Gene Rayburn, or hell, Bob Eubanks when ya need 'em? Answer IS? Let's see the poly is: The 318A “Poly” engine that many refer to is nicknamed a “Poly” because the head design is a Polyspherical combustion chamber with canted valves (angled intake and offset from the exhaust -- not in the same plane and side by side as the Wedge chamber) as opposed to a HEMI-spherical chamber. Or also nicknamed the 'semi-hemi'. Ya can buy valve cover decals that say this. Tip: Don't try to stick those on the finned covers though. All seriously...I like those covers and would be interested to buy a set. Anyway the mystery continues...

SS-X Super Sport Experimental.... A Chevy thing.. :rofl:

My '63 :lowdown:

63 ply2.JPG

Hope we're not pissing our guy off who is getting these made with our fun about SS-X...all in fast humor. As I mentioned before I LIKE those covers and would be interested to get a set...so far no info on the cost...

We are in the process of ordering a new run of Poly Power Valve Covers from the Foundry. We would like to have your input for your preference, "No Lettering" or "Poly SS-X". What if the letter option said "POLY POWER" instead. We plan on offering some of both, but we need to know which way to go for the bulk of the run.
I have a 66 coronet 318 poly and would love a set,plain or otherwise.

We are in the process of ordering a new run of Poly Power Valve Covers from the Foundry. We would like to have your input for your preference, "No Lettering" or "Poly SS-X". What if the letter option said "POLY POWER" instead. We plan on offering some of both, but we need to know which way to go for the bulk of the run.
Any luck getting orders,I would like a set

I like the plain no letters myself. I have a poly sitting in an old Charger parts car I have. Haven't done anything with it yet. I do have the factory dual quad set-up from 1958 with the carbs. Again, I haven't done anything with it yet.

selling for chrysler poly 354 march 2024

I vote for the plain (no lettering) also. My question is what is that center hole for? I've never seen a poly that had more than front and rear mounting holes.

Auto Transport Service
Back