• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Polyglas tires

Started out in the tire business in 1972. I have seen a lot more that you have read or heard bout. Classic cars are that , classic cars. Doesn't mean that I don't like them, just have to respond sometimes to ignorance. All that means is that you don't know any better. Every body is born that way. Some people learn more thatn others. Depends on your life experience. I have things to look at and other things to use.

I guess to clarify my tires are not “old” tires, they are reproduction bais plys like the original that are a few years old. This tread started out as how I can maybe reuse them as I drive the bee everyday, everywhere. But due to poor alignment and few burnouts, the tread are no longer there. All of sudden it goes to that I need to run radial tires and add disc brakes to be “safer” if I want to be safe, I wouldn’t drive it. I like to have the car similar as to what it would be like give or take a few years from when it was built. Then whomever were to drive it can see how a car from 69 was really like. I like the inputs from the old timers saying been there done that but also adding disc brakes and radial tires to be “safe” cause they lost the nuts to actually drive a car. Don’t forgot to add the backup camera to be “safe” and efi cause they forgot how to start a car with a carburetor, haha kidding guys.

Started out in the tire business in 1972. I have seen a lot more that you have read or heard bout. Classic cars are that , classic cars. Doesn't mean that I don't like them, just have to respond sometimes to ignorance. All that means is that you don't know any better. Every body is born that way. Some people learn more thatn others. Depends on your life experience. I have things to look at and other things to use.
Yikes that’s a pretty sassy respond “I don’t know any better” yeah I guess you’re right, why should I drive a 69 super bee with bais plys with stock drums, rain or shine from April to November right before they salt the roads when I should be driving a new “safe” car from my era like my A8L. At least I’m keeping these cars along with others alive and kicking it old school.

Bias plys and drum brakes don't bother me at all. If you want to keep the car original why not? What ever ones preference.

Auto Transport Service
Back