• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pomona swap meet

kdtjb

Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
I went to the last Pomona swap meet on Feb 18, and I could not find any mopar parts. I know I missed a big section clear down at the end. Is there anybody that goes there all the time that knows if there is any mopar stuff?

There sure used to be. I was born and raised in So Cal, went to Pomona at least 3 or 4 times a year. But I've only been to Pomona once in the last 15 years.

I used to go every time. I haven't in the past few years though. (It's where I bought my Val.) I don't ever remember seeing a consistant Mopar vendor there. By the time I stopped going it was getting harder to find any parts for a reasonable price. I can also tell you why you would be damn lucky to find a A body disc brake setup in a boneyard around this neck of the woods, but that's another story.
Check out the big swap they do in Dago once or twice a year at Jack Murphy Stadium.

I used to go to Pomona a few years back and the MoPar pickins' have been pretty poor. Since I had a 72 911 back then I spent more time in the Porsche/VW section rather than the low rider and stereo section :rolling:

Just got back from Turlock today and have to say I was not overwhelmed with MoPar parts. It's my experience this pretty much goes for all swap meets that are not MoPar specific.

I used to go to Pomona a few years back and the MoPar pickins' have been pretty poor. Since I had a 72 911 back then I spent more time in the Porsche/VW section rather than the low rider and stereo section :rolling:

Just got back from Turlock today and have to say I was not overwhelmed with MoPar parts. It's my experience this pretty much goes for all swap meets that are not MoPar specific.

The parts are slim in Cali because you got them all stuffed in your closet. :grin:

That's what I'm saying. Short of the two Flings every year, the swap that they do down in San Diego is the best for Mopar stuff. I just never seem to remember when it is, or if I do remember, I got too much going on at the time to get there. (Or, I am flat *** broke.)

That's what I'm saying. Short of the two Flings every year, the swap that they do down in San Diego is the best for Mopar stuff. I just never seem to remember when it is, or if I do remember, I got too much going on at the time to get there. (Or, I am flat *** broke.)

I don't recall hearing about a San Diego swap but I'll keep an ear out for it. I have heard of an all high perf meet in Long Beach (I think) but never been. I have an old buddy who lives in San Diego so maybe have to pay a visit on a swap meet weekend. Only an 8 hr drive for me!

The HiPo swap in Long Beach is pretty cool. It's alot of hit and miss. For me and a couple of friends it's a great way to start a Sunday with a few breakfast beers...

Auto Transport Service
Back