• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel Wheel Repair

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
How big an impact does elongated lug holes have on old steel wheels as far as balance and wobble?
Are there shops that can "true up" bent steel wheels ?
With the swap meet season almost here I want to look for some old 14" mopar wheels and want to make sure
what I find are usable..

How big an impact does elongated lug holes have on old steel wheels as far as balance and wobble?
Are there shops that can "true up" bent steel wheels ?
With the swap meet season almost here I want to look for some old 14" mopar wheels and want to make sure
what I find are usable..
Elongated lug holes are junk wheels in my opinion.

There are to many old 14" & 15" steel wheels around to mess with bent or damaged ones.

Do not operate a vehicle with damaged lug nut openings. And 14" wheels should be an easy find.

Steve Magnante says that older Toyota pickups often ended up with Mopar 5 lug wheels in the 15 inch variety.

I hope they are easy to find. I saw a set of early 14x5” last year at Farmington that I should have grabbed. Elongated holes are easy to spot but an out of round or bent wheel not so much - unless they are real bad.

Auto Transport Service
Back