• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Portland swap meet

Jnelson

Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
Anyone been the Portland Swap Meet at PIR? I'm out here visiting and saw it advertised in the paper. Just wondering if it is worth going to or is it just Chevy and ford stuff? It sounds like it is pretty big.

We will be there first thing Thursday morning. Like every swap meet its primarily GM/Ford but there is usually some Mopar stuff. It's big at the race track and worth going to. After going for over 30 years- wear good shoes, bring a backpack and one of those $2.00 rain ponchos if you're worried about getting wet. If possible, stick around Friday and go the meet at the Expo Center next door. They are separate swap meets. Not as big as PIR but worth the entry fee. Good hunting!

You are welcome to hang with us, if you're interested PM me.

I have been plenty of times and found some useful items for my MoPar and Ford (yes, I have one of those too). The swap is at PIR and the expo center and it's huge. However, it is mostly Ford and Chevy stuff so don't feel bad if you miss it but overall it's a good time and worth the trip. There is one guy at the race track with a bunch of MoPar parts but he's a total prick (IMO). It was the first and only time I almost got in a fight at a swap meet. If I remembered his name I'd post it.

The best place to stay is the Oxford Suites in Jantzen Beach but it's sure to be sold out. Also there is a shuttle that runs back and forth from PIR to the expo center. There is even a Hooters near by.

There's a few places to stay. Delta park area has a few. It's close by.

I went every year when I lived out in Wa. state It was mostly Ford Chevvvy But usually had some unique Mopar stuff! Just have to look for it! It's been many years since then so I can't tell you how it is now!

Thanks for the offer Outlaw. For some reason my wife doesn't quite enjoy these things as much as I do.
I'm thinking that I might be able to swing a trip out to Sandy to visit Wildcat though.

Largest swap meet on the west coast. Well worth the visit even if it is mostly Ferd and Chebby crap. I like the fact that you can walk around and drink beer whilst you shop!

I haven't been in a while now, kind of didn't even realize, it was still even going on...
haven't seen any kind of advertising, but wasn't really looking either

get a tetanus shot...LOL
sorry I couldn't resist,
lots of rusty/weathered stuff, like most swap meets, especially in the northern areas

may have to check it out again, not this year thou

good luck to those going, have fun

I have to say, their were more Mopar parts this year than I can ever remember.. Scored a set of some hardly used 15 x 8 steelies for $80. Anyone see the '67 Green Plymouth Post, '67 Coronet RT with a 383, or the '67 Charger. Also some ridiculous crap that was WAY over priced.

Auto Transport Service
Back