• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 11 second combos

A pic of the old girl...

Splicer

64small1.jpg 64small2.jpg

Very Nice car Splicer what's the engine/chassis combo ?, whats the ET/MPH ?... Sorry it was in another earlier post, I forgot... 3730lbs 505ci 727auto 3.73:1 gears 11.86 @ 136mph

Last edited:
440 block bored to 4.35" (+0.030")
440 Source stroker kit, 4.25 stroke, 7.1" rods, 17cc dished forged KB pistons
Stealth heads CNC ported by MCH
0.020" steel shim head gaskets, 10.5:1 compression
MP 528 solid camshaft
Crane ductile iron rockers, 1.5:1 ratio with Crane shafts
Crane 3/8" pushrods
M1 single plane intake
Proform 950 double pumper

18 spline 4 speed with Gear Vendors overdrive
8 3/4" axle with 3.91 gears
Calvert split mono's and Caltracs
QA1 single adjustable shocks

Car is used as a daily driver, weighs 3800# with me and idles with 15" vacuum.

Video below taken at Santa Pod racing a very fast 1968 Coronet.
Car is raced on everyday street tyres, no drag radials or slicks. 60 foot was 1.88 seconds on that run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXtUb_mmKng

3600 lb satellite 408, 11.93/111.36 MPH.
Eagle cast crank.
Eagle I beams.
Keith black 8.5 comp. pistons.
Comp Cams mechanical 501/511, 236/242 @.050 cam.
Crane Gold 1.6 rockers.
J heads ported & polished.
M-1 single plane.
Holley 750 HP/DP.
4.30 gear
4000 stall dynamic converter.
M&H DOT wrinkle walls.

Very respectable 408ci SB combo in a heavy car there Doc...

what do you guys think it will run 63 plymouth fury
.30 over 440 .005 from zero deck
ported & polished 440 source heads
comp solid flat tappet 559 lift 252 at fifty 108 center line
10.5 comp je piston
eagle rods
elde torker 2 intake 850 demon carb
4 speed stick
8 3/4 rear 410 gear
msd 6 AL

10.5 comp je piston
eagle rods
4 speed stick
8 3/4 rear 410 gear
msd 6 AL

Should run mid 11's. Thats very close to my old 440 combo which you can read about clicking this link. Its the build about halfway down with the stock stroke 440 , 906 heads and MP .557 cam. Ran a best of 11.49 @ 116 in my 63 Sport Fury. Ron

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo82008.html

IMG_0149.jpg

thanks Ron really like your plymouth very fast street car Bob

thanks Ron really like your plymouth very fast street car Bob

Thanks Bob. Got any pics of your ride as I would love to see them ? Ron

Looks like a good 11 second ET combo

10.5 comp je piston
eagle rods
4 speed stick
8 3/4 rear 410 gear
msd 6 AL

Sound like it would be a decent 11 second car engine combo, add some CalTracs & slicks or drag radials & let her rip... Any photos ?

thanks guys i will try to get some pics on real soon Bob

bobs 63 fury pic's 014.jpg bobs 63 fury pic's 002.jpg bobs 63 fury pic's 022.jpg bobs 63 fury pic's 016.jpg bobs 63 fury pic's 018.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice 63 Bob ! Looks great and thats not because I have one it really looks good. Ron

thanks guys its almost done 3 years to restore can't wait to run it winter is here Bob

No biggy

thanks guys its almost done 3 years to restore can't wait to run it winter is here Bob

Don't feel bad my last car I spent 6 years getting it right, then ended up selling it to an old buddy, from my youth, who wanted to run mid 9's N/A & mid 8's w/N20, the 1st time out, with out any effort... LOL ...

finally got hold of a set of 3.55s for my 69bee, drag meet again in a couple of weeks so keen to try out. Always feels like it runs out of huff and revving hard well before the finish. Way better on the road now the 4.10's are gone .

Sure takes alot to make the Big block mopars to run..I see more impressive time with the small blocks..why is that? Not to mention other brands..Not much of a street car running around with 4k converters..I have a friend running similar weight 84 camaro,4k converter,hyd 275 dur. cam,373 gear..350 engine stock flattop motor running high elevens,cast iron heads..Why can a 500inch mopar with converter & eddy heads run the same? Is it just chevy has more technology? No I dont have a chevy.im a mopar guy..383 69roadrunner..Hate to think what a warmed over 383 will run..would think a 383 mopar could do what a 350 chevy can but havent seen that yet..

Complete combo, not just the engine

Sure takes alot to make the Big block mopars to run..I see more impressive time with the small blocks..why is that? Not to mention other brands..Not much of a street car running around with 4k converters..I have a friend running similar weight 84 camaro,4k converter,hyd 275 dur. cam,373 gear..350 engine stock flattop motor running high elevens,cast iron heads..Why can a 500inch mopar with converter & eddy heads run the same? Is it just chevy has more technology? No I dont have a chevy.im a mopar guy..383 69roadrunner..Hate to think what a warmed over 383 will run..would think a 383 mopar could do what a 350 chevy can but havent seen that yet..

It's all in the the total combo of the set up, not just the engine, the Camaro is also lighter than most B-Bodies, Most of the small block combos are in a smaller lighter A-Bodies also... it's all about the power to weight ratio... also Big Block Chevy can be made to produce 800hp easy, {Mostly because of much better canted valve cylinder head design, BBC retangle port heads stock, out flow most of the best ported BB mopar wedge heads} with off the shelf parts just thrown together.... It takes someone with some very good knowledge & some high dollar, killer well ported cylinder heads & that knows how to put together a Mopar BB wedge combo, to make anywere near that kind of HP... Hemi's are a different story, but it's pretty much the same thing.... Remember a 383ci BB Mopar is only 3.375" stroke, were a 383ci Chevy Strocker SBC {crank from a 400ci sbc} has a 3.75" stroke lots more torque & great flowing cylinder heads available off the shelf for reasonable prices... Lots more people running Chevy/GM's stuff, so there is much, much more parts & R&D available, it's pretty easy to get 700+hp out of a decent SB Chevy, without needing FORT KNOX to pay for it.... You could build 2 700hp SBC combos for the price of 1 700hp BB Mopar combo... You see a theam going hear... It's all about the cylinder heads & stroke, mostly camshafts too, but that's a completely different subject there.... In recent times, Mopar has gained leaps & bounds on the GM stuff...

Yeah, but then you would have to drive a Chebby, and that would suck!

I have had some very fast Cheby's

Yeah, but then you would have to drive a Chebby, and that would suck!

I have had some very fast Chebby's too, {sub 7 sec. et., Corporate GM stuff like Buick, Olds, Pontiac, BBC based, also Ford, Porche, Jag, Datsun, Toyota & even a MG/Triumph}, but my 1st Love is & always was Ma Mopar, but when you race on a budget & have to be competitive as possible & make every Sponsor's dollar last as much as possible, you will do almost anything, "like drive a Chebby" even :werd: , too make the dollars stretch & go much, much farther...LOL... I am happy to say the only thing I drive at the moment is a 99 Dakota & a 68 RR, I gave/loaned the Ford F-350 dually to Pop's to use to pull his/my RV/5th wheel Trailer...

Auto Transport Service
Back