• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 12 second combos

1966 B body est 3700 lbs as raced. P/S, bench seat, spare and jack.

Chassis:
SS springs for 3700 car.
Pinion snubber
4.30:1 gear (although I think 4.10's would be better)
9x28" slicks

Engine:
440 .030" over
KB 237 pistons @ .015" below deck.
OEM steel crank and LY rods
pocket ported 915 heads with 2.14" / 1.81" valves
CR CC's out to 10.1:1
MoPar .455" / 272 cam installed straight up
Intake is factory cast iron
Eddy 750 AFB jetted 4% richer in the secondaries. Primaries are factory calibration.
Hooker 5209 2" headers with TTI 3" system all the way out. Muffs are Flowmasters
Orange box electronic ignition
Holley mech fuel pump with OEM 5/16" line.

Tranny:
Stock rebuilt TF with TCI 11 Street fighter converter.

Car runs 12.80's @ 105 with the slicks and 4.30's and low 13's @ 109 with 3.55's and street tires. All runs are with full exhaust and air cleaner installed.

Got any pics of your nice running car ? Ron

Actually yes, but the car doesn't look very nice.

DSC01338 (Small).JPG DSC01383.JPG DSC01381 (Small).JPG

Meep-Meep the car looks fine, add a little more cam, a hotter ignition, adjustable rockers, better carb & a looser converter it could be in the high 11's... It looks like it's driven too me, just not show car quality, I like it !!!!

Meep-Meep the car looks fine, add a little more cam, a hotter ignition, adjustable rockers, better carb & a looser converter it could be in the high 11's... It looks like it's driven too me, just not show car quality, I like it !!!!

I agree it not that bad looking at all and I like that body style. And you drive and enjoy it ! Thats what its all about. Ron

Thanks guys. Adjustable rockers are in place. I built this engine as a test to see how the factory six pack will do and as a general long life street engine. Once I get the six pack on and tested this engine is off to its new home and I get a little more crazy.

Fun Ride

Thanks guys. Adjustable rockers are in place. I built this engine as a test to see how the factory six pack will do and as a general long life street engine. Once I get the six pack on and tested this engine is off to its new home and I get a little more crazy.

Sounds like the man has a plan, I love them 6bbls on the street... I would suggest to get some better metering block/plates, I went with a Quickfuel Tech. tuneable for the center 350cfm carb, Promax tunable plates for the 500cfm out boards & 50cc acc. pump, slightly lighter vacuum diaphragm springs, larger squirter & staggered jetting it makes a big difference for drivability/tuneability....

Meep;I'm very impressed that you're running those numbers through that restrictive air cleaner. The combo I'm planning is very similar;your engine specs are close,3.91 gear with the new 9X29.5 slicks are in my plans. I was hoping to run mid-to-high 12's myself;looks like it's possible.

12.1 @ 111mph in a A body
12.7 @ 107mph in a B body (so far)

10.5 - 1
Iron Heads ported
Crane Mech cam @ 0.050 lift 250/255
Ol 273 adjustable rocker gear
Torker 2 single plain manifold
750 Holley DP
Crane elect ignit system
Headers into twin 2.5''
Twin Thermo Fans

235/15 M/T ET streets

9'' Diff 3.9 gears LSD

Attachments

• 26032011795[1].jpg
    26032011795[1].jpg
    80 KB · Views: 3,315
  • retrofest20100314-_MG_8003-80[1].jpg
    retrofest20100314-_MG_8003-80[1].jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 3,334
Sounds like the man has a plan, I love them 6bbls on the street... I would suggest to get some better metering block/plates, I went with a Quickfuel Tech. tuneable for the center 350cfm carb, Promax tunable plates for the 500cfm out boards & 50cc acc. pump, slightly lighter vacuum diaphragm springs, larger squirter & staggered jetting it makes a big difference for drivability/tuneability....

Looks like we are on the same page! My Promax metering block should be in this week :hello2: I didn't bother with the out board carbs but it's not out of the question. I'll just see how it runs.

Meep;I'm very impressed that you're running those numbers through that restrictive air cleaner. The combo I'm planning is very similar;your engine specs are close,3.91 gear with the new 9X29.5 slicks are in my plans. I was hoping to run mid-to-high 12's myself;looks like it's possible.

That air cleaner pic was a joke that I sent to someone. What is not evident is the smaller diameter base, which allows the air to enter from under the lid like the factory unsilenced version. I normally run with an open element Moroso but right now I have a late single snorkel with the vacuum flap and the 340 pie tin. It doesn't take much to run high 12's in a 440 B body.

worth it

Looks like we are on the same page! My Promax metering block should be in this week :hello2: I didn't bother with the out board carbs but it's not out of the question. I'll just see how it runs.

It's well worth the added cost for tuneability, the factory restrictive mass produced metering plates are not so great sometimes, at least get some numbered drills between #68-#82 & check the sizes for consistency on the factory metering plates jetting bores sizes...

A360 those are a couple of nice quick car/combos there... I like the A-Body Dart, it's little different than ours here...

ok here is what I recall from my '66 coronet
1970 440 block +.030
cast pistons,refurbed LY rods
steel crank, mopar 509 purple shaft, stock rockers
M1 intake, holley 750 cfm doule pumper four corner idle
stock 516 heads
mopar electronic ign with orange box msd wires and coil champion plugs(OE type)
trans was a manual valve body 727 with a 3500 stall and an 8 3/4 with 4.10 gears
29x12.50x15 mickey Thompson sportsman pro.
hooker super comp with a 3" custom exhaust with 1 chamber flow masters
6 point roll bar and full int, bench front with factory coloum shift.
mini tubbed and fuel cell(mechanical fuel pump) -6 aeroquipt fuel line all the way to the pump
best of 12.40 @ 108 on the motor
this was my daily driver 60 mile round trip.

Az.Sat. that 66 Coronet looks like a fun quick driver, bet she really drank some fuel on that 60 mile round trip...

65' Coronet

3675 lbs. w/driver
440-.30 over
Pistons-TRW flat tops
MP 484 Hydraulic Cam
67 915 Heads- 2.14-1.81 valves
(stock stamped steel rockers)
M1 single plane intake
850 holley DP

TTI Headers
Full 3" exhaust w/crossover and flowmasters

727 Trans. w/reverse manual valve body
9 1/2" converter-3500/3800 stall

8 3/4 rear- 4.30 posi
30" M/T Drag Radials

S/S Rear Springs w/ snubber
90/10 Front Drag Shocks

ET 12.00's @ 111 MPH "All Day On Pump Gas" -"Street Driven Regularly"

Easy high 11's with minor tweaking............

Scan10038.jpg Scan10039.jpg

Very nice looking, well performing 65 Coronet you have there, mild engine/camshaft combo for sure, those 4.30:1 gears & 9.5" 3800rpm stall must be fun on the street, hope you don't need to get on the freeway much... LOL...

Very nice looking, well performing 65 Coronet you have there, mild engine/camshaft combo for sure, those 4.30:1 gears & 9.5" 3800rpm stall must be fun on the street, hope you don't need to get on the freeway much... LOL...

I agree that looks real nice ! Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back