• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 9 second or Faster combo's

What’s the cam specs, actual tire size, intake manifold used, trans and converter stall and finally, your gear ratio.

After all, some guys wanna know what it takes and if they copy you, it’s a sincere compliment to you.

Not a problem. My combo is kinda the best of all worlds. I'm a die hard bracket racer, so consistancy and reliablility were my two main concerns when building the car.
Cam is a solid flat tappet off the shelf, Howards Cams - 280 IN/284 EXH @ .050, .659 IN/.667 EXH Lift; 108 C/L
Tire size is 29.5/10.5-15 Pro Bracket Radial
Trans is a built FTI Supercase Powerglide w/ 1.80 first gear, converter I believe is a 9"; 5500 stall (I think... been a while lol)
Rear end is a Ford 9" w/ 4.11's believe it or not... I've been told a few times that my combo doesn't make any sense, but it sure works great! I usually run 1/8th mile in the 6.20s.

IMG_0047[1].jpg

Not a problem. My combo is kinda the best of all worlds. I'm a die hard bracket racer, so consistancy and reliablility were my two main concerns when building the car.
Cam is a solid flat tappet off the shelf, Howards Cams - 280 IN/284 EXH @ .050, .659 IN/.667 EXH Lift; 108 C/L
Trans is a built FTI Supercase Powerglide w/ 1.80 first gear, converter I believe is a 9"; 5500 stall (I think... been a while lol)
Rear end is a Ford 9" w/ 4.11's believe it or not... I've been told a few times that my combo doesn't make any sense, but it sure works great! I usually run 1/8th mile in the 6.20s.

View attachment 1551791

Nice car and nice run!
I really love how squared away a good bracket race car is.

Thank you VERY much! Most appreciated.

Weighs 3421 with me in it.
Best run to date is 1.370 60 ft; 9.70 1/4 mile @ 136 MPH.

Your HP is 751.67
computed from your vehicle weight of 3471 pounds and ET of 9.70 seconds according to wallace. :thumbsup:

Well I guess the 8 second combos go here too :) My 64 Savoy has been 8.80's at 154 here in Las Vegas. Its pretty much a stock 64 Plymouth with ladder bars and a moly cage. Weighs 3644 with me in it. Only fiberglass on the car is the scoop. Engine is a 540" B1 low deck. Trans is a Proflite and rear is a Dana 60. Be happy to share details if anyone cares.

Here is a copy of a slip from a couple weeks ago running the last divisional race of the year here in Vegas in Super Comp. Index is 9.05 and was trying to slow it down to run the number, and also keep it under 150 as I prefer no chute look :)

https://postimg.cc/14smmtC6]
57451-142-E9-CF6-C0-E3-43-B3-89-FA-3-D8-F06347-B67.jpg
[/url]

My 64 Savoy has been 8.80's at 154 here in Las Vegas.
With the exception of the money it cost, and I guess even that isn't that bad, I had no idea before I saw it run that one of my best friends (in my group of friends, all going back to our mid-teens, and all "car enthusiasts") in his 2006 or thereabouts Corvette was going to run mid to low NINES.
I believe his greatest cost at first is the custom intake/supercharger and intercooler plumbing and fabrication, and a knowledgeable shopper could likely find off the shelf stuff that would cost a lot less.
Since he started, he blew a hole in the LS block, and has since bought a Dart block.
Your 1320 time and speed just made me think of it.

With the exception of the money it cost, and I guess even that isn't that bad, I had no idea before I saw it run that one of my best friends (in my group of friends, all going back to our mid-teens, and all "car enthusiasts") in his 2006 or thereabouts Corvette was going to run mid to low NINES.
I believe his greatest cost at first is the custom intake/supercharger and intercooler plumbing and fabrication, and a knowledgeable shopper could likely find off the shelf stuff that would cost a lot less.
Since he started, he blew a hole in the LS block, and has since bought a Dart block.
Your 1320 time and speed just made me think of it.
Well this is just a little ole 540" NA Mopar. No spinny things, no bottles.

Sorry gents I don't have many pictures of the car really as I have been concentrating on making it work well. We are now getting ready to tear it apart to bring the car up to the standard of the mechanicals. But I have a few

https://postimg.cc/s11Pz7q9]
IMG-0921.jpg
[/url]
https://postimg.cc/gn2DBs2n]
IMG-1955.jpg
[/url]
https://postimg.cc/ppbhxRNn]
IMG-1940.jpg
[/url]
https://postimg.cc/6Tc3R88m]
IMG-1299.jpg
[/url]

Hi Al,
My name is Jeff, I met you in the staging lanes at a Friday test-n-tune at LVMS a few weeks ago. We talked for quite some time waiting to make a pass. I drive the white '66 Coronet (this one) Your car is very impressive. according to Wallace you are making over 1000HP with that thing . . . damn.

IMG_20230319_092340208.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Al,
My name is Jeff, I met you in the staging lanes at a Friday test-n-tune at LVMS a few weeks ago. We talked for quite some time waiting to make a pass. I drive the white '66 Coronet (this one) Your car is very impressive. according to Wallace you are making over 1000HP with that thing . . . damn.

View attachment 1558655

Very cool hotrod you have for sure. Like we discussed in the lanes mine has been a struggle of late. But we finally got it all ironed out and working well. So of course time to tear it apart and make it look as good as your ride does..I have been at this and around Mopars for a long time you ever need a hand with anything let me know.

Sorry gents I don't have many pictures of the car really as I have been concentrating on making it work well. We are now getting ready to tear it apart to bring the car up to the standard of the mechanicals. But I have a few

IMG 0921 — Postimages]View attachment 1558606[/url]
IMG 1955 — Postimages]View attachment 1558607[/url]
IMG 1940 — Postimages]View attachment 1558608[/url]
IMG 1299 — Postimages]View attachment 1558609[/url]
beautiful car, please share build thx

beautiful car, please share build thx
What would you like to know. Its pretty basic deal. A 540" low deck with B1 heads. the usual list of good parts 55mm cam, billet crank, GRP rods, CP pistons at 14.8-1 compression. B1 heads, T&D paired rockers, Manton pushrods, Isky lifters, non ported B1 intake and wither has a 4150 or 4500 carb. Custom non step 2 1/8" header and generic collector 4". Backed by a Joels on Joy proflite with a 2.28 first gear and ATI converter. Rear is a Dana 60. tires are 29.5x10.5 stiff side wall M/T's on a 13" Wheel. Rear is mini tubbed only. Car has ladder bars and full cage. Double adjustable Strange shocks on each end. Strange Brakes on each end. Everyhting is still in the car as delivered. All glass and all steel.

Car is currently already apart to bring the cosmetics up to the level I want and to match the mechanicals. Also will be rewiring the car and doing the interior as well. Also engine will receive some upgrades as well. A bit more compression and more modern cam profile. Maybe step up to an MC head as it would be great to go 8.50's here in Vegas. I still take it to local cruise nights so wont be anything to over the top. Works well like it is so main thing is keep it as least as good as it is now.

What would you like to know. Its pretty basic deal. A 540" low deck with B1 heads. the usual list of good parts 55mm cam, billet crank, GRP rods, CP pistons at 14.8-1 compression. B1 heads, T&D paired rockers, Manton pushrods, Isky lifters, non ported B1 intake and wither has a 4150 or 4500 carb. Custom non step 2 1/8" header and generic collector 4". Backed by a Joels on Joy proflite with a 2.28 first gear and ATI converter. Rear is a Dana 60. tires are 29.5x10.5 stiff side wall M/T's on a 13" Wheel. Rear is mini tubbed only. Car has ladder bars and full cage. Double adjustable Strange shocks on each end. Strange Brakes on each end. Everyhting is still in the car as delivered. All glass and all steel.

Car is currently already apart to bring the cosmetics up to the level I want and to match the mechanicals. Also will be rewiring the car and doing the interior as well. Also engine will receive some upgrades as well. A bit more compression and more modern cam profile. Maybe step up to an MC head as it would be great to go 8.50's here in Vegas. I still take it to local cruise nights so wont be anything to over the top. Works well like it is so main thing is keep it as least as good as it is now.
That does sound basic. You must have the thing set up really well.

That does sound basic. You must have the thing set up really well.
We work very hard to get the most out of a combination. This one still has room to go if I make no changes to the engine. Front shocks to eliminate bounce on landing and converter is WAY to tight. Also have another gearset for trans I may try with a 2.38 first. As well as some more tweaking on the carb.

Auto Transport Service
Back