• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 9 second or Faster combo's

new rods arrived!!! hope fully i will get block out of car and get crank out to rebalance
the BME rods are much lighter than the old Brooks 65.
bob weight 764g
ready to get some track time in,
FYI, BME suggest oil temp be maintained at 200-220F
also rods should be removed and solvent cleanded and stored with bolts 1 turn loose,

The combo starts with the rear end.
Dana 60 with 4.56 gears.
Wilwood brakes.
Ladder bar set up.
Big tire's

IMGP1135.jpg

IMGP1140.jpg

Next a good cage.

P7220049.jpg

IMGP1153.jpg

A good fuel system.
IMGP1136.jpg

IMGP1145.jpg

Stock front end except for wilwood brakes,think safety.
IMGP1143.jpg

Drivers end.
IMGP1131.jpg

Car weighs 2690 lbs.

Engine.
400 based.
4.15 Mopar crank.
Eagle H-beam rods.
Ross pistons
Indy Heads.
T and D rockers.
Comp Cam roller 23-000-9.
.699 ex lift .704in lift
Indy intake.
Holley carb
Hooker Super Comp headers.
Msd ignition.
Unknown-4.jpg

Laundry is being re-certed.
0722001217.jpg

727 Trans brake trans.

Leaving off the brake.
Car runs 9.03 et 153 mph.
racecar.jpg

There's more to a combo than just the engine.

Nice FAST ride Womanator, 2 thumbs up from this critic/fan...LOL...

Headed to dyno tomorrow,
New BME rods and Innovate motorsports logger, egt and o2

Headed to dyno tomorrow,
New BME rods and Innovate motorsports logger, egt and o2

You know we will want to see video or photos.... Good luck

well dyno was good so went to track. friday night. that not so good. 1st pass 6.80 in 1/8 not in it all the way.
2nd pass tire spin and bad launch
3rd pass, good launch then at 100ft car left turn into wall
any input why car would suddently take hard left, always been straight before.
tires 7 psi good straight burnout, only concern was track prep. could that have been cause.

What was the track temp and what went before you.
Track could have cooled down and had gotten moisture on it.
At are local track we don't have night races in October.

I love the way womanator always comes in and separates the men from the boys. lol

My junker is going back together and will be in the nines somewhere. Not sure if I am going to run an Indy tunnel ram with two 1050 4150's yet but we will test if on the dyno. Most likely it will be a 512" with a single 4 barrel and my tried and true Nx Express plate.

Here are some of the hard parts:

4.250/2.200 crank counter weights turned down when it was offset ground from 4.150/2.375
400 block, hopefully it will be a good one I only sonic checked eight of them!
6.535/.990 rods
4.375ish pistons with 1.32ish compression height...pump gas on this folks.
MW CNC ported Edelbrock MW Victors, they will come in right about 10.8 with a .040 head gasket
T&D Rockers, 1.5 ratio, intakes offset .720
.730ish lift roller cam 276ish at .050
2.125"x3.5" headers with 3.5" exhaust

Dana 60 with 4.10's spinning 275/60/15 M&H DR
My pro-shifted a-833 with a kevlar puck style clutch
Cal-trac's and mono-leaf springs with QA-1's on all four corners.
5" of upward front suspension travel (tubular uppers, greasable LCA pins, etc).

It will be nice to get my street car off of the 110 leaded tit not that it is $8.50 a gallon!

1968 Dodge Charger with 526 Indy headed, 1050 Pro systems carb, Msd Pro Billet, Indy intake, Jesel roller lifters, Harland Sharp 1.6s, Billet Fabrication 12 qt oil pan, 8" Coan converter, 727, Dana with 4.10 spool.

Ran 9.84 @ 136.5 with Hoosier 275/60 Drag radials. Picture has slicks and went 9.95
Installing 315s soon and try some go go juice. My painter hates me for racing it but you can't take it with you.

Attachments

• car 001.jpg
    car 001.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,011
wow that really sucks

well dyno was good so went to track. friday night. that not so good. 1st pass 6.80 in 1/8 not in it all the way.
2nd pass tire spin and bad launch
3rd pass, good launch then at 100ft car left turn into wall
any input why car would suddently take hard left, always been straight before.
tires 7 psi good straight burnout, only concern was track prep. could that have been cause.

I'm so so sorry to hear that, DAMN.. maybe a bad patch on the track, fluids under the tire on 1 side, out of the groove, driver error, broken axle, bad sure grip/true track, wrong air pressures, shock malfunctions, brakes hanging up, nearly broken/bent or worn, broken suspension part on either front or rear, a multitude of different things could have caused it & with-out knowing every issue or condition, we would just be guessing... I wish you the best, good luck in the future...

1968 Dodge Charger with 526 Indy headed, 1050 Pro systems carb, Msd Pro Billet, Indy intake, Jesel roller lifters, Harland Sharp 1.6s, Billet Fabrication 12 qt oil pan, 8" Coan converter, 727, Dana with 4.10 spool.

Ran 9.84 @ 136.5 with Hoosier 275/60 Drag radials. Picture has slicks and went 9.95
Installing 315s soon and try some go go juice. My painter hates me for racing it but you can't take it with you.

Punisher33 that sounds like fun, I love the car & launch... very cool & very fast "heavy ride", 2 thumbs up from the peanut gallery...LOL... I ran some old M/T 315's on my old 479ci in my old 3520-lb plus 250-lb driver, 68 RR with a little smack, a 300 shot plate kit, went a best of 9.77 @ 135mph N/A w/trick 6bbl & went 8.58et @ 156mph on the juice/a little smack with a trick 1050+cfm Dominator & old Top Gun N20 plate kit... Good luck have fun

Some of you may know/remember this car....
FrontRaceCar-1.jpg

Duster3.jpg

Off the top of my head because I can't find the disc with all the info....12 years ago makes a difference with my aging memory....470 RB (offset ground stock crank), Stage VI heads, 13-1 compression, 750 lift cam, 1050 Dom, 4500 stall, 4.56 Dana 60, back half w/ladders. Only ran 6 passes with it with the first 5 being crap and going sideways on one. Only decent pass netted a 9.95 @ 134. I didn't build the car and life got in the way after I got it plus I was pretty cramped in it and was looking at cutting out the cage and redoing it so I put it up for sale instead. I bought it from a guy from Moparts and sold it nearly a year later to another member that frequented Moparts and even tho I only put 6 passes (5 partial) on it, I learned a lot from that car. IIRC, he got it going 9.70's

very cool & fast Duster, Cranky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlHHHg_pnUU&list=UUFkXdK2ML-w1TQiHvK3EjEQ

66 plymouth satellite.
572 mopar block with indy 440 heads
powerglide
456 gears.
was making 1000hp
this was second pass to try to start tuning it. the crash was caused by concrete dust on the track. we have started to rebuild it. no damage to chassis or motor. just exterior and front end braces along with new tail shaft. driver walked away unscratched

that sucks... nobody hurt, engine & chassis good & car cosmetics/body being fixed is great... good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back